1,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took about a month, the odometer is over a grand. I like the Raptor. It's still stock. Only real surprise was the lack of effective reverse gear lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_6108.jpg
    IMG_6108.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6110.jpg
    IMG_6110.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ whtrapta

What brand of reverse lighting works good? I'd rather not cut into the bumper.

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Raptor62

LoL! Everything's nearby around here. I did try a 4x4hi v 2x4 mileage loop and got 18 v 19.

Is there a 1/4 mile number for 4x4hi v 2x4?

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There's a trick to dropping extra quarters into one of the spray-n-go bays that adds five minutes per quarter. Twelve quarters yields 24:30 on the ticker. That's enough to hose the concrete for the manager.

Then air drying exit to exit and back on I94; check for troopers on the outbound leg. Returning there were a couple bead of water left, so I wanted to get my Raptor up to the limiter. GMC pickup doing 77 in the left lane, cars in the middle doing 75, and a semi behind an S10 doing 70 in the right; my exit is getting kind of close...

The right lane gaps and I'm doing 99 or so, goodbye water drops. Guy in the GMC swings over from the left as I'm throttleing back to margin the next right lane semi and he's two length back at the top of a long downhill S shaped exit, either offduty or he wants to race...?

So's I push it back to 95 and the GMC get smaller in the mirror. At the bottom cross stop he's close and just looking at the Raptor, might'a been starting to drool a little, lol. Next cross road he take a right and a scenic route to the job.

After almost three months my Raptor complaints, in order of importance:

1) No effective factory backup lights. I know what to do, but don't want to get really bright ones that washout the camera senor.

2) The overly sturdy rear spring block shelf. Fixing that involves a saw.

3) What size f'ing cup were the cupholders designed to hold!?!

4) The bottom door seal missed a plastic fastern.

5) There's a half inch long piece of thread hanging for the bottom of my steering wheel stripe.

6) Got the drive shaft letter for my 3/5 built SCrew. No real problem with it, yet. I'll want to keep the original if I have them install a BC shaft.

So far, real good.

Oh yeah, my brother's got a Leer cap on his SCrew and they matched the tux black perfectly, maybe he'll post a pic. Ain't no thread dangling from his steering wheel, either.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4) The bottom door seal missed a plastic fastern.

Mine too. Passenger and driver's sides. Next dealer visit that gets addressed. I'm worried I'm going to pull the seal off even further every time I get in/out of the truck.

OP
OP
debate

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine too. Passenger and driver's sides. Next dealer visit that gets addressed. I'm worried I'm going to pull the seal off even further every time I get in/out of the truck.

Looks like they'll can change the fastner in five minutes. Mine's just the driverside. Got an early Monday appointment. The "oil life" says 66% and I'm going to get it filled with full synthetic. Maybe go to the auto yard where the angry sasquatch lives and see what his track looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpg
    IMG_6164.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 106