You CAN replace the Sony Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You CAN replace the Sony Audio System (2013+ with heated/cooled seats)

I had the Scosche dash kit with integrated HVAC installed along with a Pioneer NEX head unit.

Ford F150 Dash Kit 2013, 2014, 2015 | FD6206B | by Scosche

It has been installed for about a month and everything is working perfectly. I still have my seat heater/AC controls with a much better listening experience with the aftermarket hardware installed. I will have a video posted soon on my youtube channel going over the Dash kit.

NOTE: You will need to replace both your front and rear cameras to analog versions. I have done this and the images are actually clearer.

Last edited:

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:jawdrop:Very cool.

Nice job on the video too

I kinda wish they had the head unit on top of the HVAC controls. But aside from that this looks great.

Not sure I will do it, as I'm extremely gunshy on this stuff due to my Sync has had numerous problems, requiring extensive service in the past. I was in fact very close to having the vehicle bought back by Ford due to lemon laws due to Sync issues. I finally got it fixed right after they sent a Ford engineer out to work on it for awhile.

But anyways, solid post and great work here.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. I wish the same but the head unit screen tilts so that works out good regarding the view. My installers also could of put a larger display in this unit but they would of had to cut it and refiberglass it. Turned out that the head unit I wanted fit anyway. The larger ones have GPS and I did not want it.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. I wish the same but the head unit screen tilts so that works out good regarding the view. My installers also could of put a larger display in this unit but they would of had to cut it and refiberglass it. Turned out that the head unit I wanted fit anyway. The larger ones have GPS and I did not want it.

Did this back in 2011- posted up with pics. Started out with Pioneer GPS unit now on to an Alpine GPS unit. Went custom install since no kits avalable at that time.

Biggest benefit is control over front and rear cameras. I did lose sync but have not missed it.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this back in 2011- posted up with pics. Started out with Pioneer GPS unit now on to an Alpine GPS unit. Went custom install since no kits avalable at that time.

Biggest benefit is control over front and rear cameras. I did lose sync but have not missed it.

it was not a difficult task with the 11's - just took $$$. With 2013+ there was no alternative controls available for heated & cooled seats. I forgot to add the model year in subject so I just corrected.

OP
OP
Bigeffr

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here....

I have all of the factory hardware including the head unit, the LC1, sub and speakers as well as the upgraded subs that were added. If there is any interest I will put on classifieds here - or just PM me. I still have the truck but will never reinstall the factory stuff and I have no reason to hold on to it any longer.