What component door speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kinds of components door speakers are you folks running? Did you go comps in all four doors or just your driver doors. Please note whether your set took a lot of modification or just dropped right in.

Thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how nice of a speaker you want to put in? keep in mind, its not always the best idea to put too good of a speaker in there if you arent amplifiying the system. a component 5x7 is a drop in fit for the front, however you are limited to certain companies. you can make adapter plates and put any 6 1/2" component set in there if your prefer. the rears are a coax set and should match the fronts (same brand) to keep the tonal quality the same.

OP
OP
QTX

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely amping the doors. Just wondering what most people are going with. Seems like every answer only comes from you though! I should just keep PM'ing you. Haha does no one install speakers in their truck??

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The answer is, @The Car Stereo Conpany, Noah has a lot of knowlege in this field, He will go above and beyond to help anyone out, what also sets him aside, is he will still give his help and professional imput on what products work best for the application one might be asking about, even if that person wasn't ready to purchase or even purchase from him, that to me says a lot. You won't find many people in certain fields handing out knowlege and how to do, when it's taken them a while to to learn.
Just my 2-cents, and yes I want change.

OP
OP
QTX

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@J-DAMAGE , Yes! I definitely appreciate his knowledge too! My thread was aimed at getting opinions from folks that already have them installed, not so much an installer's perspective. Looking for what brand people may have and their experience.

OP
OP
QTX

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I was thinking Focal or JL.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I've got a full set of massive coax's from my old truck but I want to go components for sure with a sound processor.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The answer is, @The Car Stereo Conpany, Noah has a lot of knowlege in this field, He will go above and beyond to help anyone out, what also sets him aside, is he will still give his help and professional imput on what products work best for the application one might be asking about, even if that person wasn't ready to purchase or even purchase from him, that to me says a lot. You won't find many people in certain fields handing out knowlege and how to do, when it's taken them a while to to learn.
Just my 2-cents, and yes I want change.

thanks for the kind words.

Definitely amping the doors. Just wondering what most people are going with. Seems like every answer only comes from you though! I should just keep PM'ing you. Haha does no one install speakers in their truck??

i have seen a lot in the past people will use a cheap(er) speaker replacement and it seems to work fine for them, but most of the people who do this have never heard the difference between a cheaper budget speaker and a real speaker. the reason i say focal or jl audio is because they both have a 5x7 speaker in the higher quality line. if you compare those to infinity or kicker in a side by side comparison, you will definitely hear the difference.
@J-DAMAGE , Yes! I definitely appreciate his knowledge too! My thread was aimed at getting opinions from folks that already have them installed, not so much an installer's perspective. Looking for what brand people may have and their experience.

as an installer and have worked for several shops over the many years i have experience with just about every major brand of speaker, amps, subs, and processors. when you are ready to purchase a system, the first and BEST questions to ask, is to ask an installer what they have in THEIR vehicle. a sales person can lie to you just to make a sale. a few years back sony had a promotion where sales people would get a kickback for every sony product they sold. guess what? we installed more sony in that month than we did the entire year. i always though it was bs because they were selling a product that they wanted to sell you, not what you needed. it is important to understand what you are getting, and what is necessary to maximize your system.

That was the point in a round about way, every one picks Noah's brain, so 90%+ go by his recommendations, so he steps up to answer, Instead of every one saying @The Car Stereo Company. lmao

i try. i get a lot of messages about people getting things installed from a recommendation from a sales person and then they seem to have problems. the most important thing to do is research. not just what someone else has, but why. just because i say mosconi makes the best processor, you should ask why, and not go just by what i say. i think thats what he is trying to do here.