Voice controlled song play from memory stick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
So... I have a lot of my music on a 2GB memory stick. Will I be able to control the music stored on it using the voice activated commands?

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Yes. You can download them onto the hard drive also. It is all voice-commandable.

I'd like a clarification on part of what you said. I thought that you could only download songs to the truck's hard drive from CD's and not from portable storage devices. Were you referring to the existing 10GB hard drive or were you talking about an external one that's connected to the USB2?

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I'd like a clarification on part of what you said. I thought that you could only download songs to the truck's hard drive from CD's and not from portable storage devices. Were you referring to the existing 10GB hard drive or were you talking about an external one that's connected to the USB2?

I found I can only load up the hard drive from CD's. I can't find an option to record from a USB stick

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I found I can only load up the hard drive from CD's. I can't find an option to record from a USB stick

I just tried creating a DVD full of MP3s to see if the jukebox feature would allow me to copy them to the hard drive. No dice. Guessing it's CDDA only.

It did play the DVD with no problems. It categorized songs by the "lowest level" folders which contained them. That is, I do Artist Folder->Album Folder->MP3 Tracks, so it just showed me a list of all the album folders.

Also noteworthy for MP3 DVDs/CDs: Voice command does not work, i.e., no "Play Artist Rush", etc. Strangely though it does actually display album art, which does not happen for USB peripherals.

I still think USB2 is the way to go.

OP
OP
iceman302

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I just tried creating a DVD full of MP3s to see if the jukebox feature would allow me to copy them to the hard drive. No dice. Guessing it's CDDA only.

It did play the DVD with no problems. It categorized songs by the "lowest level" folders which contained them. That is, I do Artist Folder->Album Folder->MP3 Tracks, so it just showed me a list of all the album folders.

Also noteworthy for MP3 DVDs/CDs: Voice command does not work, i.e., no "Play Artist Rush", etc. Strangely though it does actually display album art, which does not happen for USB peripherals.

I still think USB2 is the way to go.

Thanks for the update. I figured it wouldn't work to burn MP3's to a CD. I'm hoping that the voice control will work for all my music on my memory stick.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I figured it wouldn't work to burn MP3's to a CD. I'm hoping that the voice control will work for all my music on my memory stick.

Voice control for USB works great in my opinion, once it's had a chance to index it. For My 45GB of music, that takes a couple of minutes. Generally quite impressed with the voice recognition though, especially with some artists/albums with crazier names. It's not perfect, but nevertheless impressive.