VHF radio install pic's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

centorian

Reaction score
Perfect Spot for CB

I have mine above the nav...

40bf10e5.jpg

The mic is routed below, by my right leg... mounted on the side of the console. Location is great for hearing the traffic, very loud even above the music.

I think this is the best place for CB. How was is installed, by removing radio or from top through the speaker opening?

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is the best place for CB. How was is installed, by removing radio or from top through the speaker opening?

I like this install too. I'd like to know how much material was removed and what had to be disassembled for the install. Is the mike cable long enough now that it runs behind the dash?

Lug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering Wilson if you got your radio installed and where did you decide to place it?

I am fine where i have mine atm.

Well, it looks like i better take another picture of the radio tomorrow. The cable in the picture is actually my Kenwood extra USB cable. I hid all my wires, so tomorrow you will get an updated picture.

I did decide to permanently mount the antenna . I could use a shorter one ,so that i don't have to take it off now to get in the garage........

I have been surprised to hear people on the TRR channel out my way.

IMG_0378.jpg
IMG_0376.jpg

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep just put it in today. I just stuck it between the seat for now, don't think it will be permanent. might some day, but for now it will go in the combine when done with it at sdbr

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

ps what has every one hooked it up to I used aux 1

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been surprised to hear people on the TRR channel out my way.

That might be one of several EMS agencies in the area you are hearing. Its only .0075 MHz off that frequency so you'll be able to receive them and bleed over if you transmit.

Just be careful

If you have Snow1 2 or 3 in your radio they are safe to use on low power. (Multi-Use Radio Service (MURS))

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

yep just put it in today. I just stuck it between the seat for now, don't think it will be permanent. might some day, but for now it will go in the combine when done with it at sdbr

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

ps what has every one hooked it up to I used aux 1

Wire it direct to the battery.... no exceptions.

Read through this site K0BG.COM

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just mounted my icom radio on top of my dash. I decided to mount it here because I can conceal the holes later by just replacing the rubber mat. For a cleaner install, I should have made a smaller hole in the rubber mat with a slot for the wires. I may just buy another mat to fix that. u3ezesy6.jpg
yby4ynat.jpg