VHF Radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who want to mount a VHF radio with a clean look and out of the way place, check this out. This is what I came up with and it works very well. The speaker is plenty loud to hear in that location and I can see the display through the steering wheel. All of the wires are hidden from sight with the exception of the mic cord.
I mounted it under steering column. the plastic panel is removed and behind that you will find a metal panel with 4 screws. Removed metal panel and modified center and radio mounting brackets to fit radio back far enough for trim panel to fit back on. The ant wire was ran from the top of the cab light, above headliner, down the pillar by windshield and connects to radio. I filed a 1/4" slot in top center of cab light in reinstalled with a dab of silicone on wire to seal. The power wire runs to the passengerside under dash and out to battery. I then trimmed out the plastic trim panel to fit snug around radio face and reinstalled. The mic clip you locate anywhere handy for you, I attached mine to the side of my lowrance gps mount.
vhf radio.jpg