V-1 Radar Detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine yesterday ended up breaking off the red wire and said **** it and just stripped some insulation off the two wires on the mirror feed and wired it direct that way. The mirrortap product is a POS I my opinion.

Green/purple is switched 12v and black is ground. Works great and the blend mount is awesome.

Sent from my Note2

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try filing them down more pointy, Doc.

Thanks. A couple minutes with a file made all the difference in the world. I made them thinner and pointed, and it went very easy.

I'd recommend anyone else trying to use the mirrortap to sharpen the blades from the outset.

Gord - if this had failed, I was going to do your technique as a fallback plan.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364069724.056487.jpg

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man so far I love having a radar detector haven't had one for 20yrs these new ones are pretty cool

Sent from my Note2

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up doing the exact same thing!

I did mine yesterday ended up breaking off the red wire and said **** it and just stripped some insulation off the two wires on the mirror feed and wired it direct that way. The mirrortap product is a POS I my opinion.

Green/purple is switched 12v and black is ground. Works great and the blend mount is awesome.

Sent from my Note2

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Invisicord makes a micro tap that is thinner and will slide into the mirror connectors with the thicker wire for pin 1. I used a standard straight pin to make the gap a little larger and I was able to push the micro tap in with a pair of needle nose pliers. The thinner ground wire was easy to push the micro tap in with my hand.

On my 2010 truck, I have the backup camera and the Nav, yet I still have the 16-pin connector. Pin 1 is switched power and uses a blue wire with a red stripe. Pin 4 is ground and uses a black wire with a gray stripe. It works perfectly with my ****** Redline and the Rouge Mirror Mount. (Rogue is a less expensive version of the Blendmount)

TxRaptor