V-1 Radar Detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need a little help here. Back of my mirror only has 5 wires! WTF? How many different connectors does Ford use?

I got Blue, (2) Blue/Red, Brn/Wht, and either a dark purple or black.

What mirror do you have?

Backup cam in the mirror, or backup cam in the console?

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
OK, I got it, thanks Tim for responding. My backup mirror is on my nav screen, btw. I used blu/red (bigger one) for switched power and black for grnd. Was cursing those spades a while trying to get them pushed in there!

Blendmount very nicely made as you said.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I got it, thanks Tim for responding. My backup mirror is on my nav screen, btw. I used blu/red (bigger one) for switched power and black for grnd. Was cursing those spades a while trying to get them pushed in there!

Blendmount very nicely made as you said.

Ok cool. Glad you got everything situated and that the products you got were tip top.

There's a joke in your post but I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole. :)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are the pics I took when doing mine:

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

Invisicord:

IMG_1575.jpg

From Invisicord's website:

Invisicord website: Invisicord Products Home Page

IMG_1579.jpg

If you look closely on your connector you will see numbers on the wire locations (you may need a magnifying glass for that).

These pictures are of my Raptor installation and I have the 10 pin harness (with SYNC).

Pin 1 on both mirrors is switched 12v. The wire color is Blue with red stripe. The power to this pin stays on like the radio does until you open the door or wait ten minutes.

Pin 10 on the 10 pin mirror is the ground and the color is also Black with a purple (violet) stripe

IMG_1582.jpg

The Invisicord pins need to be forced in and they don't 'snap' or 'pop' into place. You just push them in about as far as they'll go and that's it.

IMG_1587.jpg

I used the Great Lakes Mount to hold my Valentine One (V1) radar/laser detector (more on that another time) and you see it in the pics above and below.

IMG_1586.jpg

Invisicords are available in different standard lengths ( 8", 12", 16", 20" or 24") and you can also have them custom made. I went with the shortest one - 8" and there is still extra length on my installation. The Invisicord wiorks with other radar detectors - visit their website for more info.

Let me know if you have any questions - feel free to PM me and I'll help you if I can.

Good luck!

Here's a link to all my V1 installation pics:

V1 Installation pictures by MagicMtnDan - Photobucket

JackD

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out my connector to do this . I have a 16 pin connector on my mirror. Pin 1 is a green wire with a purple stipe is this power? And pin 3 is empty. I have a black wire in pin 4 . Is this the ground?

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at getting a Blendmount, and saw this thread.

Anybody installed one recently? I have a 2013; backup camera is on nav screen

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trying to install my mirrortap, what the hell did you all do to get those spades to go in??

I just bent the red one, so I know I'm close to breaking it.

My 2013 has the 16-pin connector, with only 5 wires going in the back side. I assume pin 1 (green/violet) is switched power. There is nothing in slot 3, but a black cord is in slot 4, which I thought was probably ground.

But I can not get these spades to go in, even holding them with flat needle nose pliers.