Upgrade from 2012 Nav to 2014 OEM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WareWolf

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Has anyone tried, or know if there are limitations to upgrading the navigation in my 2012 to the one used in the 2014 raptor? I've been trying to google for this, and I mostly get advertisements for third party systems that seem to be questionable, or forum questions asking to upgrade from non-nav to nav.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

Personally the one in the 2014 really isn't that great, I wouldn't think it would be worth the expense and hassle unless someone gave you one for free, and even then not sure if it would be worth it.

Have you used a 2014 and thought it was that much better?

OP
OP
W

WareWolf

Reaction score
Personally the one in the 2014 really isn't that great, I wouldn't think it would be worth the expense and hassle unless someone gave you one for free, and even then not sure if it would be worth it.

Have you used a 2014 and thought it was that much better?
It's worth it to me if I can do it.

Just imagine that someone with a 2012 had a dead oem nav solution, and since they were going to replace it, wanted the newer firmware etc because the liked it from another 2014 Ford they owned.[emoji6]

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wont happen unfortunately. sync and my ford touch are very similiar, however they are not compatable with each other. the 2013/14 has a 54 pin connector behind the radio where as the 2012 and under have a standard 24pin connector. there is more data being transferred in the newer units. your best bet is to get an aftermarket radio. 2012 and under have the capability of going aftermarket. 2013/14 can not be upgraded unless you have a non nav unit.

D

Deleted member 12951

It's worth it to me if I can do it.

Just imagine that someone with a 2012 had a dead oem nav solution, and since they were going to replace it, wanted the newer firmware etc because the liked it from another 2014 Ford they owned.[emoji6]

No problem, sorry. I missed where yours is dead. I thought you wanted to replace a perfectly working unit.

OP
OP
W

WareWolf

Reaction score
No problem, sorry. I missed where yours is dead. I thought you wanted to replace a perfectly working unit.
It is perfectly working, that's why I said pretend [emoji12]

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Have you considered putting an iPad in your dash?
I don't want a non oem solution.