Torque Pro App for Android and Bluetooth OBD2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually it is, what is commanded and real time AFR, PID icons.

The Raptor's PCM is wideband, I would assume so.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Does your's show trans temp? That's the whole reason I bought one and of course that's the one thing that doesn't show up.

I have used the new OBD11 dongle and the Trans Temp is not getting data,
I will call Scantools and find out if a custom PID can be made to read the Trans temp on our Raptor's.
It's getting the right code for the PIDs that will make it work in most cases.
This is from reading around in Torque Pro's forum.

Last edited:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had this on my 2010 and now I have it on the Raptor, also just hooked up my wifes zx board ten inch tablet and works well.. Kind of makes it easier to use with the tablet. Lots of fun as a toy but now I get people who know me hey my check engine lights on can you check it for me?... and no they dont want to pay...

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a little crazy here in NYC, I have been working 12, 16 hr days for two weeks now. Cranes are in high demand as you can imagine.
I tried to make a Hi-Def video only to find out I need a class 10 or better Micro card to record Hi-Def.

I am working on it but I need a week or more, it's been a bitch getting gas too.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is anybody doing this yet in this forum?

I have the Motorola Droid Maxx and just ordered these items this morning:

Torque Pro for Android: $4.95

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque

Update: Do Not Buy The Cheap Ones!!!
OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner: $14.29
Amazon.com: Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner: Automotive (DO NOT BUY IT OR ANY ONE OF THESE CHEAP ONES!!!!!)

From Torque's Forum Administrator:

Hi
Torque can’t write settings on the ECU (there are numerous manufacturer safeguards where you need ‘passwords’ and such things that prevent any writes), so the app itself cannot cause this kind of issue – it only reads data
However, the clone adapters can. If you have a canbus vehicle, and the adapter is missing canbus termination resistors, then this can cause all sorts of issues with the vehicle network (including abs lights lighting up, and other error conditions) – if you get this then the adapter is basically faulty and you should get the seller to replace it with a tested one as it’s missing some important components (clone manufacturers use as few components as possible to keep costs low, unfortunately when they test, what works on one vehicle may not work on another)
If the adapter has caused an issue – all you should need to do is turn off/on the ignition to reset everything. If problems still persist, then you can try unplugging the battery for 5 minutes (follow your manufacturers guidelines for doing this to make sure you are safe! and also make sure you have any required ‘pin’ codes for stereo equipment/etc)

Get this one!!! http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

MX is up to 400% faster than the closest competitor.
Thanks to our BatterySaver™ technology, you can even leave MX plugged in without draining your battery when the engine is off.

View attachment 49299

I finally got everything together to put up a the Video on YouTube!
I using the Motorola Droid Maxx from Verizon and the Android App Torque OBD11 Pro
This is just the first one I recorded as a test,

it’s a little long but it does show how the drivability of the Whipple is with STOCK exhaust and Whipple/Ford Tune.

I have to play with all the setting and get the right icons up and running.
You do need to be good on computers to upload and post on YouTube and be good on an Android phone.
Enjoy!

Raptor Run 1.mp4 - YouTube

Drive to work - YouTube

This is not my video but I'll leave this one here for now

OBD DroidScan Review for Android - YouTube
When buying the OBDLink MX also offers premium software. Will I need that as well? Or just the tool and then download the app?

Any other accessories I may want?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The premium software is for using a PC.
And I can't think of anything else you would need other than the apps.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't look like they have software for Macs.
Only Apps for iPhone and iPad

And I don't see this Premium Software, only Standard and Professional
If really want this kind of software I would get the SCT Software, it's a bit much for just scanning for $250
But you can edit your unlocked SCT Tune file if you know what your doing.

Last edited: