To those running Audio Control products: LCQ, etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sclemmer

Reaction score
All, I've recently attempted to install an Audio Control DQ-61 and I am unable to get it to stay powered on. Here is my current setup:

2014 FX2, Sony Nav
I've cut the wires for the tweeters and front door mids and then ran them into a JL audio CL-LSA (load sensing adapter) to provide a load to the factory amp to keep it from freaking out.
Then I have a speed wire going out of the LSA in to the DQ61. I have the tweeters going in to channel 1 and mids going in to channel 2. I have summing turned on for channel 2. Nothing is connected to channel 3 on the DQ61.
For power I have a single 4 gauge power wire going to a distribution block which is then feeding an Alpine PDX V9 and the DQ61.

Here's my problem, with Auto Mode and GTO (used for signal sensing) enabled on the DQ61, when I turn the ignition to on, the DQ61 and the Alpine amp power on but then both turn off about 3 seconds later.

I have attempted to tap in to fuse #38 in the passenger kick panel and run it to the DQ61's remote in to try to get it to stay powered on (auto mode and GTO disabled at this point) but that results in the DQ61 not powering on at all.

For those of you running Audio Control's equipment, how did you power the device? Is there anything that I am doing wrong? I've contacted Audio Control but the person helping me mis-read my original email and hasn't replied back to my follow up email.

Any help or ideas as to what needs to be changed to make this thing stay powered on would be appreciated! I've been at this thing off and on since Thanksgiving and I'm about ready to give up!

Thanks.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have yet to use a load adapter on any of these trucks. but i would try connecting to the blue 14ga wire in the passenger kick panel. there is a ********* plug with the wires facing up. in that harness there are 2 blue wires. one is an 18ga and the other is a 14ga. that wire is a retained accessory power so its on until you open a door. and try without the load adapter. the cleansweep and summing device do not have it built in, yet you dont need them when installing it.

zyvin

Reaction score
I am also running a DQ 61. I am not using any compnent inline between the sony amp and the DQ and never had any problems with the amp. Also, mine is mounted in the console so my power is tapped into the 12v plug that I use to charge the phone, as the DQ does not require very much power to operate. I tapped the fuse block for the remote on as if I remember the remote on for the sony amp is very low voltage. I have auto and GTO disabled. I have only had one problem with the DQ and that was due to the remote cable (telephone style cable) getting interference so it would toggle between processor on and off at random times. I switched it out and problem went away. Now all I need is a good RTA tuning.