TH9000D setup, bed rail antenna mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Here's my setup for my TYT TH9000D. I bought my radio from LVJ and my antenna and mount from The Antenna Farm. Thanks to Keith from LVJ Motorsports for helping me get everything I needed for this setup.

The radio is mounted to the side of the console. I just bolted it to the plastic piece so it isn't the most sturdy setup.
M0hlENb.jpg

Power wire is run through the front from the battery. Antenna wire comes from the rear in-between the seat and the console, it's run under the rear floor mat.
ESGdXaO.jpg

The antenna wire runs through this vent to the outside. You have to pull the rear seats down to get to it. The vent is also on both passenger and driver side.
lWK4Po8.jpg

oB0wsuC.jpg

I mounted the antenna right in the middle of the front of the bed. I didn't want a hole in my roof. The silver part of the mount is an L shaped bracket I bought at Home Depot and the black part is the actual mount I bought.
a3RUFt7.jpg
lq4gMoG.jpg

This is the best part, my bed cover still fits.
F3w6NVG.jpg

BGPUlLx.jpg

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice setup. I like the idea with using the vent to feed the antenna wire and your mounting setup. Did you just feed it through the vent or use anything to keep it sealed up to avoid dust/water issues?

OP
OP
Hopscotch

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Did you just feed it through the vent or use anything to keep it sealed up to avoid dust/water issues?

It's just fed through. The rubber on that vent is just a flap, I don't know if it really seals well in the first place. It was already pretty dusty on the inside of the vent. I'm hoping nothing comes through the small area where the wire is.