Sync system Bluetooth issues (Non-Navigation)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The other day, I was heading out to the shop with bluetooth media stream on and my music started playing in slow motion. After 15 seconds I decided to re-pair my phone and the sync bluetooth. It fixed the problem shortly but it disconnected seconds later. I have done everything. Now the Bluetooth on the Sync system will just not turn on. When you go to "Add Bluetooth Device" the screen says that Bluetooth is off. Pressing Ok, the system asks if you'd like to turn it on. After confirming that you would like to turn it on, it takes you back to the home screen "sync line in." Then, you assume Bluetooth is back on and go back to the menu to connect your phone and it again says Bluetooth is off and asks if you'd like to turn it on. It will not stop doing this. I'm to the point of being so fed up with the stock Head unit that I'd like to get an aftermarket one.

I updated the system via USB drive about 2 weeks ago. This is the newest update which is supposed to "fix" all of the issues with the Sync system. For a brief period of time, it did.

Nothing will fix the issue. I tried resetting to Factory defaults as well as a Master Reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcimeU67oss

Any help is appreciated.

4/21/2015 : Update (with a fix)

So after getting pretty fed up with using an audio cable, I picked up the owners manual. I found that the #2 fuse in the passenger side foot well fuse box is for the Sync system itself. I pulled it, cycled the key to accessory to turn the radio on (you shouldn't be able to open Sync) and turned the key back off. After that, simply re-install the fuse and connect your phone. Much much better now!

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Sounds similar to an issue a friend of mine had, check the fuses in your passenger kick panel.

Does the bluetooth module have a separate fuse? The head unit comes on fine and all features work besides the bluetooth connection.

I'll check fuses once I leave the shop.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the bluetooth module have a separate fuse? The head unit comes on fine and all features work besides the bluetooth connection.

I'll check fuses once I leave the shop.
Hi Raptor Embroidery,

The master reset is the best troubleshooting step I am able to recommend for this type of issue. Since you've already attempted this and it did not resolve your concern, I suggest bringing this to the attention of your dealership for further diagnostics.

Kim

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Hi Raptor Embroidery,

The master reset is the best troubleshooting step I am able to recommend for this type of issue. Since you've already attempted this and it did not resolve your concern, I suggest bringing this to the attention of your dealership for further diagnostics.

Kim

Kim,

Got it fixed. I ended up pulling the fuse for Sync, cycling the key on then back off and replacing the fuse. I got my phone connected and all Sync functionality is working.

Thanks Though!!

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kim,

Got it fixed. I ended up pulling the fuse for Sync, cycling the key on then back off and replacing the fuse. I got my phone connected and all Sync functionality is working.

Thanks Though!!

That's awesome news! I'm glad everything is up and running again. :)

Kim