Sync: "Creating Voice Commands" takes several minutes after each start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Just noticed an annoying behavior. I have a 64GB drive plugged in on USB2, and Sync won't play artist/albums/tracks by voice command for several minutes after starting the truck. Device has about 45GB or 7,000 tracks on it.

Ford/MS seem to recommend running "Sync My iTunes" to fix any issues of this type, but I don't ever use iTunes. Not sure if this product will work without it, but will be giving it a shot. The program appears to correct metadata that might cause the Sync system a problem.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this just the amount of time required for this quantity of music, or is something wrong?

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Just noticed an annoying behavior. I have a 64GB drive plugged in on USB2, and Sync won't play artist/albums/tracks by voice command for several minutes after starting the truck. Device has about 45GB or 7,000 tracks on it.

Ford/MS seem to recommend running "Sync My iTunes" to fix any issues of this type, but I don't ever use iTunes. Not sure if this product will work without it, but will be giving it a shot. The program appears to correct metadata that might cause the Sync system a problem.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this just the amount of time required for this quantity of music, or is something wrong?

HEY! Atleast you got a freaking truck! SHUT UP about the small shit! HAHahaaaaa. DAMNIT! I still havent herd SHIT from my dealer in the last week. Now he don't even answer my once a week emails. DAMN! Just drive and listen to the music from the damn motor. I would! HAhahaaaaa. Damn Kids now dayzzzzzzz.

BDRAG

OP
OP
Droid

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
HEY! Atleast you got a freaking truck! SHUT UP about the small shit! HAHahaaaaa. DAMNIT! I still havent herd SHIT from my dealer in the last week. Now he don't even answer my once a week emails. DAMN! Just drive and listen to the music from the damn motor. I would! HAhahaaaaa. Damn Kids now dayzzzzzzz.

BDRAG

I didn't have to go anywhere today so I figured I'd just go sit in it for a few and play with electronic things and nitpick. :jester:

You have a build date and/or VIN yet?

IRONMAN

Reaction score

Maybe it just takes the system a while to load all that. That's a lot of music.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I didn't have to go anywhere today so I figured I'd just go sit in it for a few and play with electronic things and nitpick. :jester:

You have a build date and/or VIN yet?

HELL NO. Its the same as it was 3 hours ago when I responded to your post! HAhahaaaaaa. DEW DEW DEW DEW DEW DEW DEW. I would be sittin in mine to if I had it. Hahaaaaaaaa. SHIT! Enjoy and think of my NO TRUCK HAVIN SELF while your doing it. LOL!

BDRAG

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Droid, I wish I could be more help, but I haven't tried that mod (yet).

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and if anyone has any ideas/solutions for Droid, please speak up!!