Summing device question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the process of building my sub box (Im a total DIYer) and acquiring equipment for my upcoming install in my 11 Scab. Im doing this on the used market, primarily from DIYMA and CACO. If you havent looked, they have some good deals there in used gear there. Now Im down to looking for a processor. I want to get everything bought and ready for the Fall when the Phoenix heat dies down to install it.

My question has to do with a stand alone summing device like the JL Cleansweep SSI to sum the R&L front tweeter and mids to get a good, full range signal for processing. I know Noah touts the Mosconi 6-8 DSP, and thats obviously a top tier DSP. BUT its pricey, even used! And Im a working stiff, so I have to spend my money wisely.

I may find a Mosconi used that I can afford, but do you need a stand alone summing device with the Mosconi, or the Arc PS8? Do these processors have internal summing capabilities to avoid needing a separate Cleansweep? I know you dont need one with the RF 3sixty.3, it has internal summing capabilities.

TIA