sub upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. I've never upgraded a sound system in any vehicle before but, since the one in the Raptor is prob the best OEM version I've had, 'been thinking of improving it a little...particularly the sub.

Forgive the newbie-type questions, but:
1. Sub is OK, but I like my bass to "bounce" rather than hit me with a dull thud. Any suggestions as to which speakers to go with in the sub?
2. Do I necessarily have to replace(?) an amp (or does it make sense to replace the subs only if you also upgrade the amp)?

No, I wouldn't do the work myself, and I trust you guys and gals more than I would trust a recommendation at a cartoys or other.

Thanks!

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to Car Toys in Plano off 75 and had them install a 10" JL Audio sub and amp. They built a custom box to fit...it sounds awesome. The stock sub is ok at low volumes but horrible at mid to high.

If you'd like to hear mine just let me know, we can meet up sometime. I'll be at Twin Peaks Plano this Sat for lunch if you (or any other DFW Raptors) want to stop by.

OP
OP
ernie

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score