Speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading my stock speakers. Not really sure why, mainly listen to sports talk everyday. Anyway, saw Walmart has kicker speakers, anyone used them from there? Don't want to spend a lot of money, since like I said I listen to sports talk most of the time. Peace

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think that you wouldn't need/want to upgrade the stock Sony speakers if you just listen to talk radio. ? Possibly use that $$$ on another mod/upgrade?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if thats all you are listening to, then the oem system will be fine. but changing out speakers is a little more work than you would expect. you need a component setup for the fronts. which would replace the tweeters and the door woofers. you can use a coax in the rear. there is only so much you can get an improvement on since you are still using the oem amp. seeing as you want to keep this cheap, i dont think its necessary to go into that.

Archon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speakers

Ive been thinking about a speaker upgrade as well. Id be interested to hear your recommendation on upgrading the speakers and oem amp

if thats all you are listening to, then the oem system will be fine. but changing out speakers is a little more work than you would expect. you need a component setup for the fronts. which would replace the tweeters and the door woofers. you can use a coax in the rear. there is only so much you can get an improvement on since you are still using the oem amp. seeing as you want to keep this cheap, i dont think its necessary to go into that.