Speaker size and locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2012 Raptor and I am trying to plan out the stereo system that I am going to put into it when it comes in. The truck is coming with the upgraded Sony system. Can anyone tell me how many speakers are in the truck, their locations and the size? Thanks!

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2012 Raptor and I am trying to plan out the stereo system that I am going to put into it when it comes in. The truck is coming with the upgraded Sony system. Can anyone tell me how many speakers are in the truck, their locations and the size? Thanks!

5x7/6x8 coaxial in the back doors. 5x7/6x8 in the front doors with small tweeter in the pillar. 8" sub in a crappy enclosure under the rear seat.

I went with the following speakers in the front and back, just custom mounted the tweater slightly facing up in the back doors. The tweater fit in the pillars just fine up front.

JL Audio C5-570 Evolution Car Audio Speakers

So any equivalent size from any other manufacturer will work.

To replace the sub, I went with a custom box with 2 JL Audio 8" subs, but I have screw with more room in the back, the Scab has less options for subs because of the smaller size.

OP
OP
tikicult

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to say that this was for a SuperCrew.

Sounds like its just a typical Ford layout with the added tweeter and sub.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5x7/6x8 coaxial in the back doors. 5x7/6x8 in the front doors with small tweeter in the pillar. 8" sub in a crappy enclosure under the rear seat.

I went with the following speakers in the front and back, just custom mounted the tweater slightly facing up in the back doors. The tweater fit in the pillars just fine up front.

JL Audio C5-570 Evolution Car Audio Speakers

So any equivalent size from any other manufacturer will work.

To replace the sub, I went with a custom box with 2 JL Audio 8" subs, but I have screw with more room in the back, the Scab has less options for subs because of the smaller size.

Are you running all that (excluding the sub) off the stock amps?

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.

1 Alpine PDX M6 for the sub enclosure and an Alpine PDX-F4 for the speakers.

Any additional processing or just the straight signal from the head unit? I'm assuming there's no pre-amp out on the factory unit. Does that amp have line level inputs or did you convert it seperately?

I need to research that amp, looks pretty cool. I had (still have it sitting on a shelf) a Fosgate PBR 300x1 which I guess is a similar concept. High power in a small package... That Alpine's quite a bit more expensive though so I assume it's much higher quality.

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any additional processing or just the straight signal from the head unit? I'm assuming there's no pre-amp out on the factory unit. Does that amp have line level inputs or did you convert it seperately?

I need to research that amp, looks pretty cool. I had (still have it sitting on a shelf) a Fosgate PBR 300x1 which I guess is a similar concept. High power in a small package... That Alpine's quite a bit more expensive though so I assume it's much higher quality.

These particular Alpine amps are their 2nd gen digital, they require less power and put off less heat in that small package. They are just the way I went, it's not the absolute right way. :) Just make sure you have lots of power for the sub(s) of your choice. My subs are 250w a piece so I'm driving them with 600W.

You need a summing unit, that takes all the signal from the various stock speaker lines. And I think this has to be done from the stock amp it actually has the brains built in it for the head unit.

http://www.kicker.com/zxsum8

I have the kicker summing unit, but there are various brands, your installer of choice will have a favorite that he knows how to use well. Just choose one that doesn't require it's own volume control, that would defeat the nice volume controls on the steering wheel.

Charley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These particular Alpine amps are their 2nd gen digital, they require less power and put off less heat in that small package. They are just the way I went, it's not the absolute right way. :) Just make sure you have lots of power for the sub(s) of your choice. My subs are 250w a piece so I'm driving them with 600W.

You need a summing unit, that takes all the signal from the various stock speaker lines. And I think this has to be done from the stock amp it actually has the brains built in it for the head unit.

ZXSUM8 | KICKER

I have the kicker summing unit, but there are various brands, your installer of choice will have a favorite that he knows how to use well. Just choose one that doesn't require it's own volume control, that would defeat the nice volume controls on the steering wheel.

what should this rig run price wise installed?