some help pls.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badraptor

Reaction score
whats up guys?

i had a local shop install a system on my truck and now there is a slight hissing and it gets louder with volume. this even happens when the radio is off. the only way to lessen the noise is to turn down the gain on the processor.
the shop says its normal, but i don't think so.
any ideas on what it could be?

mike.s

Reaction score
If I have the gain on my processor turned all the way up, I also get hissing that is noticeable when no music is playing. If I lower it down to about 50 percent, the hissing goes away. This is normal and I don't consider it a problem. I use the volume control on the processor to control my volume not the volume control on the oem radio. You could try turning the gain down on your amplifier to reduce the hissing. That may help.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in some cases it's that they have a wire run too close to another stock run that isn't shielded well enough. That's a common gremlin that can be sorted pretty easily. Have them move around the cabling coming into the system, see if the noise decreases. there are some pretty "loud" OEM wire looms on our trucks.