So can you replace the pre-13 Nav HU or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoc

Reaction score
Guys,

Very excited that I got my 2011 Raptor Screw last night. I've been hanging out here the last several weeks reading, searching, and trying to learn so I'd know just what I want to do to it when it arrives, and upgrading the speakers is a definite. I'd also like to replace the HU. I understand that for a long time the answer was with this HU factory installed you were SOL for replacements, but now I see a lot about Advent and then Maestro solutions that seem to work - but for the 13-14 models. I understood, again from reading and searching, that these folks were in even worse SOL condition prior, if that's possible. So it looks like they're close to at least an option or two, but I can't find anything definitive for my 2011 Raptor. Can I replace the Head Unit? I don't care about Sync at all, FWIW.

Thanks!

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
Thanks, CSG. I've read enough here to know you'd be the one to know for sure! Weird thing is Crutchfield, Amazon, etc seem to filter out all options when I say I've got the Nav. Any pointers or options you could suggest? I'm trying to keep my HU under $1k if possible and I'm no audiophile, do the plan was that and speaker swap.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are going to have a hard time with that budget. because you have nav there is certain data that needs to be retained. alpine has a complete setup with the maesro interface but ir runs close to $3k. pioneer nav starts at around $700 but then you will also need the data interface. most likely close to $2k when done if you get the higher end pioneer unit

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
I'm hoping that's my net, maybe go higher and try to recoup some of it by selling the stock HU?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure what kind of programming is necessary to put that radio into another truck, but it would only work if the other truck is the same year and has nav as well