Single 10" or 12" sub encosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csirnak

Reaction score
Looking for a sub enclosure that replaces the stock sony sub or SLIGHTLY larger. I don't want to lose the storage that's available under 2 seats, just the single seat.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put in a JL 8" microsub and am very happy with it. I'm pushing around 200W to it from a 5 channel amp and the bass hits hard enough that you feel it in your chest but not a block away.

The box is pretty much the exact dimensions of the area under the passenger side rear seat. They also have a 10" box that might fit sticking out just a little. If you read the reviews on the 8" everyone pretty much says it sounds bigger than it is. I got it from Crutchfield for less than on the JL site.

http://www.jlaudio.com/cp108lg-w3v3-car-audio-microsub-subwoofer-systems-93133

OP
OP
C

csirnak

Reaction score
This is a great suggestion! I wasn't even aware of the microboxes from JL. So the 8" fits perfectly? Shame the 10" is a little too big. But still, that's 8" from JL is probably 1000X better than the stock sub.

Desert Storm

Reaction score
I just put in a JL 8" microsub and am very happy with it. I'm pushing around 200W to it from a 5 channel amp and the bass hits hard enough that you feel it in your chest but not a block away.

The box is pretty much the exact dimensions of the area under the passenger side rear seat. They also have a 10" box that might fit sticking out just a little. If you read the reviews on the 8" everyone pretty much says it sounds bigger than it is. I got it from Crutchfield for less than on the JL site.

CP108LG-W3v3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - MicroSub

What are your exact amp specs... I'm thinking about copying your setup.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

if you want something a bit more custom and a bit more bass, we have a 10" setup that works great and bolts into oem mounting locations

Could you send me the details for this setup.. I'm very interested. Thanks.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your exact amp specs... I'm thinking about copying your setup.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Could you send me the details for this setup.. I'm very interested. Thanks.
Soundtream RUB5.800
Soundstream Rubicon Series 5-Channel Class A/B Car Amplifier
RMS Power Rating:
4 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan. + 200 watts x 1 chan.
2 ohms: 115 watts x 4 chan. + 340 watts x 1 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 230 watts x 2 chan.
MOSFET power supply
Platinum 4 AWG power block
LED protection indicator will be illuminated when the amp has gone into a self preservation mode
Tri-mode capable
IDI intelligent distress indicator for thermal, short, & impedance protection
Infinitely variable crossovers w/ multipliers (High/Band/Low)
5 channel operation
Turn on/off delay
Heavy duty aluminum alloy heatsink for extreme heat dissipation
Gold-plated RCA level inputs
Gold-plated screw terminals
Selectable high-pass filter (15-225 Hz or 255-3800 Hz)
Selectable low-pass filter (50-800 Hz or 250-4000 Hz)
Subsonic Filter (35 Hz)
Bass Boost: 0-12 dB @ 50 Hz
Damping factor: >250
Signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
THD (Total harmonic distortion): 0.015%
Frequency response: 10-35,000 Hz
Dimensions: 19-11/16"L x 8"W x 2"H
4-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits when purchased together with this amplifier.
1-year Manufacturer's warranty