Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1]

Seeking GPS Advice/Suggestions

This is a discussion on Seeking GPS Advice/Suggestions within the Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Need to make a decision soonish. Which is the best way to mount a Lowrance GPS? -Ram adjustable mount -LGE/CTS ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rap67

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Question Seeking GPS Advice/Suggestions
Need to make a decision soonish. Which is the best way to mount a Lowrance GPS?

-Ram adjustable mount

-LGE/CTS style folding mount
(This is what I'm leaning towards, but it was pointed out it will block some of the drivers vision. Does anyone have input?)

-OR any other ideas?
(It'll be custom regardless so any ideas you have are good ideas.)

I do want it to be accessible from the drivers seat.

Thanks

Dan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

I run the LGE/CTS mount and I'm very pleased with it. It does not obstruct my vision.

Expedition X Off-Road Team Member
facebook: www.facebook.com/expeditionxoffroad
build thread: http://tinyurl.com/nuh952x
instagram: @expeditionxoffroad
Bigg50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I too have the LGE/CTS mount on a HDS 7 touch and I don't feel it blocks any vision. I don't really fold it down either as you need to disconnect the cables in order to fold it down on the HDS 7.
BABaracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I built a "custom" RAM mount from their parts. I like that I can remove it easily. During Snoball pre-run and run, plus the Spring 14, it's never moved or fallen off. The suction cup keeps it in place and i have it rest on the dash.
shooterAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

I got the Outlaw Offroad mount, we decided not to use it. Basically used the included mounting bracket and mounted it towards the front part of the speaker on the dash. It swivels so it can be used by the passenger or driver pretty easily.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Bigg50 View Post
I run the LGE/CTS mount and I'm very pleased with it. It does not obstruct my vision.

same,

BTW I have the HDS 7 touch and could not roll it back as advertised without smashing the cables and putting a lot of stress on the connection. so I took out the lower bolts, tighten the knobs so it doesn't move and when i need to roll it back i loosen it, pull the bottom out first and lay it down, then secure the knobs again.

i like it a lot.
Bigg50 likes this.

2014 White SCREW | matte silver wrap | ARB twin | Warn 9.5cti | Factor 55 Prolink | ADD bumpers | Rigid lights all around | Fuel trophy 18s with 35 Open Country RTs | Deaver +3s | SVC ABS bump stop | Camburg UCA and rear shackle | PSS reservoir | Alpha 1 bed cage & tie rods| VHF radio | Lowrance HDS 7touch | Viair tank | SVC Baja light tower | Fox 3.0 DSC | Fox 3.0 QAD | SVC tune | SW long tube headers | Corsa sport exhaust
rap67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
I'll probably do something in the folding mount style, since no one has negative comments. Someone just strongly stated it blocked the lower corner passenger side of the windshield, which made me second guess it. It'll be custom, so does anyone with the LGE/CTS mount have anything they wish could be changed or modified? More easily folded down is obviously one I assume. I also have a Lowrance 7 touch.

Last edited by Dan06; 09-24-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Dan06 View Post
I'll probably do something in the folding mount style, since no one has negative comments. Someone just strongly stated it blocked the lower corner passenger side of the windshield, which made me second guess it. It'll be custom, so does anyone with the LGE/CTS mount have anything they wish could be changed or modified? More easily folded down is obviously one I assume. I also have a Lowrance 7 touch.
not off the cuff. Its a well thought out mount, sits in line with the NAV screen below it and I think makes the center stack look finished.

2014 White SCREW | matte silver wrap | ARB twin | Warn 9.5cti | Factor 55 Prolink | ADD bumpers | Rigid lights all around | Fuel trophy 18s with 35 Open Country RTs | Deaver +3s | SVC ABS bump stop | Camburg UCA and rear shackle | PSS reservoir | Alpha 1 bed cage & tie rods| VHF radio | Lowrance HDS 7touch | Viair tank | SVC Baja light tower | Fox 3.0 DSC | Fox 3.0 QAD | SVC tune | SW long tube headers | Corsa sport exhaust
rap67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Oh it appears to be a nice mount. Just the shop where the trucks at prefers not to use products they don't sell.