GEN 1 Roof Sound deadening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Are there any hidden spots in these trucks that you found where deadening is a good idea?

Yes, climb under the truck near the transmission tunnel and frame rails...you'll see over a dozen factory holes that can be patched/covered with deadener. You'll also see on the frame rails SVT placed deadener over some factory holes....my factory stuff was starting to fall off so re-covered all those factory holes on the rails with good high quality butyl deadener. Some of the factory holes on the under belly of the truck are pretty big. I tried to seal all that up. Did it help? No clue but I did it anyway. To date I've probably added 200+ sq/ft of Stinger Road Kill. For the record, I purchased Noico 80mil & compared it with Stinger's 80mil...Stinger's Road Kill weighed about twice as much (both pieces being equal in size)...food for thought, you get what you pay for