Radio Quit Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisfit138

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a 2011 Screw and the stock radio Quit working on me. It's the non nav with Sony upgrade. The display shows direction, inside and outside temperature. If I press the radio power button, the time will pop on and turn back off after a second or 2. Also while driving, the time will come on and cut back off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Also, I've checked fuses and unhooked the battery.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there could be so many things that could cause problems. without being able to pinpoint the location of what component is causing it, you could be at it for a long time. radio is probably the first thing to check. after that, maybe the bcm. but if its internal on the radio, its going to be expensive.

OP
OP
C

Chrisfit138

Reaction score
Thanks. Everything else seems to work. So I'm hoping it isn't the BCM. Think there could be a lose connection?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it sounds like somewhere there is. but the fact the radio itself is doing it, leads me to think there may be an internal component thats failing. if it was just sound cutting out and the screen still displaying everything, the you could look to the amp or amp connection, but the issue you are saying, means something is up with the radio.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd give you mine, but I destroyed it while recovering my CDs from it's lifeless body.

Sounds like you may be installing some aftermarket goodies.