GEN 1 radio has no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannvpicapart

Reaction score
hey I have a 2012 raptor with nav and sony. I am getting no sound through the speakers at all. the radio turns on and goes through its function just no sound. I recently picked up this truck and it has never worked since I have owned it. I was able to sync my phone without any problem any help as to what this problem is. I changed out the body control module and had it programmed. still no love from the radio. any help would be great thanks

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So cd player, xm, blue tooth and aux work but just not fm/am or do you mean radio as in everything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Have you tried doing a master reset? It's dumb, but if you haven't it might work.

OP
OP
D

dannvpicapart

Reaction score
sorry I can go into radio or cd or enev Bluetooth but there is no sound at all the head unit seems to be working fine I can even twist the volume control and it moves on the screen and says max volume but still no sound

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I can go into radio or cd or enev Bluetooth but there is no sound at all the head unit seems to be working fine I can even twist the volume control and it moves on the screen and says max volume but still no sound
OK. My first step would be double checking for a sync system update in your menu.

Next step would be a removal of the negative battery connection for a minimum of 30 minutes to reset all computers.

Next step would be removal of the factory stereo and check if the power antenna is plugged in.

Still no luck would be replacement for me.

OP
OP
D

dannvpicapart

Reaction score
so i pulled out the factory amp and i think it has gotten wet before cause the connectors looked a little crusty. i ordered one from ford i guess we will see if that fixes it in 5-7 business days since I'm in vegas and it is coming from michigan thanks for all your help i will post again when it comes in and i install it. on a side note the module for the memory seat was also bad and looked crusty changed it out and now my seats and mirrors work!!!!!

OP
OP
D

dannvpicapart

Reaction score
yeah all the fuses are good. I took apart the amp once it was out and the circuit board had some rust spots and mud on it. part should come in on the first and I wil report back