RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valentine1 (V1) is the best. And dont deal with those cords either, hardwire into the power source in the back of the rear view.

DSC00033.jpg

frankie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valentine1 (V1) is the best. And dont deal with those cords either, hardwire into the power source in the back of the rear view.

DSC00033.jpg

Valentine One, V1 for total situational awareness. It's rather simplistic in nature compared to other detectors on the market, but that's what makes it soon good at what it's designed to do, detect radar/laser. It is a purpose built device.

Think of the V1 as a filet knife, and Brand-x as being a Swiss Army knife. Both are sharp and capable of cutting meat, however the filet knife is by far better at it. After all that is its sole function.

I love my V1 :)

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 9500 and the RedLine--tomorrow when I leave for the ranch in MN and then up to Santa Fe for a Hearing the RedLine is the one I will use. In your application the GPS is a must so use it--my problem is WIDE open spaces where long range is the #1 issue.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be installing 9500ci also wired to number 4 upfitter switch.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

On the 9500 CI no need to tie it in too a switched location... You have the ability to mute with the press of the button on the remote... I have one and it works flawlessly. Nosbusa also runs one and is a delaer for them, they really are fantastic..

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Valentine One, V1 for total situational awareness. It's rather simplistic in nature compared to other detectors on the market, but that's what makes it soon good at what it's designed to do, detect radar/laser. It is a purpose built device.

Think of the V1 as a filet knife, and Brand-x as being a Swiss Army knife. Both are sharp and capable of cutting meat, however the filet knife is by far better at it. After all that is its sole function.

I love my V1 :)

I've had V1's for over 15 years now, in every car. they are truly amazing.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the 9500 CI no need to tie it in too a switched location... You have the ability to mute with the press of the button on the remote... I have one and it works flawlessly. Nosbusa also runs one and is a delaer for them, they really are fantastic..

Since we will be going to canada, and through some other unfriendly areas that frown upon radar detectors. Added piece of mind being able to totally kill the system, just in case.

And might keep a truck stop cheapo radar detector and let them confiscate that one, verses 9500ci..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just about every radar detector has vg2, which is undetectable by the law enforcement, so the only problem you will have is actual visual detection of the unit.