Prolong the life of your Ford Raptor SYNC USB Port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All,

Right now our trucks are under warranty, but I like to make sure the things I buy last a long time. The less things are stressed, the less likely they will break or wear out.

The USB port on the SYNC system is one of those items I would like to prevent failing.

Here is a CHEAP and easy way to prevent wear and tear and possible failure on the USB port on your system.

First, buy this:

Amazon.com: B000E5CYW8x

21w7Xq9l28L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Plug the male side of the connector in to your SYNC USB port.

Now, plug in any phone, flash drive, etc to the female end of that cable!

VOILA. The cable is now the wear point, vs. your SYNC port on the Raptor.

Rather than continuosly plugging and unplugging a device into the port, plug your device into the cable instead.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or you could run a new cable from the back of the SYNC and run it into (A) the glovebox or (B) the center console and avoid unsightly connectors/cables and any issues regarding wear.

(I still haven't gotten around to doing this).

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or you could run a new cable from the back of the SYNC and run it into (A) the glovebox or (B) the center console and avoid unsightly connectors/cables and any issues regarding wear.

(I still haven't gotten around to doing this).

The USB2 mod is also great and something I plan on doing this weekend.