Problem using iPod for music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I use an iPod as my music source in my truck. I leave it plugged into the USB port 100% of the time and about 80% of the time when I start the truck there is no music playing. I have to hit the user device icon then the source line button. It's strange because sometimes it will just start playing automatically but most times it won't. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Have to select user device
b2710acd1b0c999105649a1b2e8cafc7.jpg

Then hit "source line in" to get it to play
55c774db66a0593ec2b654987bc391d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Raptor doesn’t seem to respond well to leaving things plugged in, I’ve and inconsistent results the few times I’ve tried carplay and left the phone connected.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same setup for 5 years. Sometimes it will act up so I have to cycle through the MEDIA button, or SOURCE button to get the iPod to respond. If I turned off the truck while the iPod was playing, when I come back and start it up, sometimes I have to hit the PAUSE button twice to get the music rolling. Other times I have to restart the truck or turn the head unit off. I run an iPod classic and it stays in the truck 24/7 and at times I need to reset the iPod itself.

I've just grown used to it because SYNC sucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I can't complain too much. Mine isn't as bad, just annoying to have to hit 2 buttons every time I get in the truck. I really wish someone would come out with an apple car play upgrade for the early gen 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk