pioneer avic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I have a pioneer in dash dvd/nav system it's not in the raptor yet. but my question is if I decide to install it and buy the back up camera from ford will they work together? and if so what would I need to do so. I have seen the whole locpick setup on ebay with camera and all that. my trucks currently doesn't have the nav system or the camera systems. I just want to know if it will work with aftermarket systems. since I already have it and don't see the need to buy another system if this will work.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
integrating the oem rear camera is difficult on these vehicles. there is an aftermarket company that we work with, that makes a camera that looks identical to the oem that works with any aftermarket head unit. the camera is a ford logo replacement unit, same as oem

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Answered my own question... I agree with Car Stereo... Go with aftermarket. Much easier to utilize aftermarket with aftermarket.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is your backup camera input on your receiver a standard composite input? Did a little research and it looks like you could utilize a OEM camera with the emblem. You would just have to do some modification on the wiring, adding a composite male plug. Then run a lead from your reverse light signal to the wire on your unit so when you place it in revers it'll come on.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Metra does make an adapter for the camera so you don't have to modify the wires. Just plug it in and you have your male composite plug. Problem is that I cannot find it for Ford.

OP
OP
L

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I'll see what I can find I'm currently in fallon so I can't look at the dvd player till I get back.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AVIC units have a standard Composite input for the reverse camera (yellow colored RCA plug) Had one in my STi, but never used the camera input.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I have a pioneer in dash dvd/nav system it's not in the raptor yet. but my question is if I decide to install it and buy the back up camera from ford will they work together? and if so what would I need to do so. I have seen the whole locpick setup on ebay with camera and all that. my trucks currently doesn't have the nav system or the camera systems. I just want to know if it will work with aftermarket systems. since I already have it and don't see the need to buy another system if this will work.

You can do this with very little headaches in fact it can handle two camera signals.. I had no problems integrating the OEM rear camera with the Pioneer NAV. I also installed a front camera using Pioneer's universal camera NDBC20PA which is operated off of an AUX switch and have the factory rear view camera hooked to reverse. The NAV can handle signals from both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet thanks man I'll get on this when I get home. as far as the factory reverse cam do I have to have all the stuff for it or just the wires going from it to the radio?