Passenger Speaker Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quartz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried searching and didn't find much useful information. My front passenger side speaker appears to be blown at certain bass levels but sounds fine the majority of the time. It seems like the mesh speaker guard is rattling because when I apply a little pressure with my hand to the guard it stops and applying pressure anywhere else on the door doesn't stop the vibrations. Is that speaker blown or is there a way to tidy up the guard?

Truck has the Sony system, thanks.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the screen that covers the front door speakers isn't held on very well its think aluminum and it just pops in place so it could be loose thats there i would start take it off and add some tape to the pieces that slid into the door to hold it on and it should help with the rattle also if it gets kicked or hit it will bend so it also could have bent in and is making slight contact with the speaker itself creating a rattle

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the same issue on certain songs. I just haven't taken the time to fix it.

OP
OP
Quartz

Quartz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I need to take the door panel off to get the guard off? Could you leave the guard off?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its best to pull your door panel to access the speaker grill. however it can be done without it. you just run the risk of damaging it trying to get it out. pulling your door panel takes less than 5 minutes.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's incredibly easy to remove the door panels as there are no clips, it's just 4 bolts. There's a video on here somewhere. Once you get it off you'll see how poor those speaker grills are put on. I'm surprised they don't rattle all the time. The best thing I found to correct this is some foam backer rod that you typically use for filling large cracks or spaces before you caulk (i.e. around a window frame). They have it at lowes or homedepot. Just cut into 1 or 2 inch pieces and stuff up between the speaker tabs and the door panel. I can have my radio just about all the way up and no vibration/rattles anymore.

2RRG1_AS01?$mdmain$.jpg

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried searching and didn't find much useful information. My front passenger side speaker appears to be blown at certain bass levels but sounds fine the majority of the time. It seems like the mesh speaker guard is rattling because when I apply a little pressure with my hand to the guard it stops and applying pressure anywhere else on the door doesn't stop the vibrations. Is that speaker blown or is there a way to tidy up the guard?

Truck has the Sony system, thanks.

Please let us know what you figure out. I've got a rattle on the passenger side too, and based on what you've said, I'm guessing that's probably where mine is coming from as well.