Parking Sensor Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my parking sensor install..

Okay, so I just finished the install, everything is wired up... and works perfectly.. the sensors are accurate to the inch.. 0.0 at exactly 1 foot..

I had to take off the tail light to identify the color coded wires for the brake and reverse light wire.. then find them under the hood.. also a common ground and ignition wire..

if you're interested in doing this here is my recommendation..

1. Buy the 6 position sensor unit the come with 18' cabling. ( check amazon for a system)

2. Mount the CPU on the driver side firewall (see my pic)

3. Run some ducting under the truck. its like 8 bucks at Home Depot. Follow the cable harness and ty-wrap to it (use a fish tape to pull your sensor wires threw the duct first, then route the duct) trust me I installed it then had to take it out to fish the sensor wires...

4. If you dont want to drill your bumper. pick up some L brackets. there are four screws perfectly located under your bumper. mount the sensors

5. Place the display indicator in top of your mirror and route the cable under the head liner. (it pulls away easy & goes back in place) then route the wire under the rubber door moulding, and into the fuse area. There its a larger rubber grommet that feeds wires through the firewall -- that is your access hole for getting into the engine compartment-- pop the grommet off from under the hood, (it snaps right back on afterwords). pull the display wire through the hole into the engine compartment.. Now route the cable high on the fire wall over to the CPU. (See Pic)

6. The two front sensors I mounted along side the license plate. in the small space between the bumper and grill. feed the wires over to the CPU. avoid hot areas like the radiator. (see Pic)

7. wire everything up. (see pic)

wire color code:
1. Reverse. gray w/ light purple stripe (large connector with many wires)
2. Brake. gray w/light purple strip (small connector about 6 wires)
3. Ignition. solid gray wire ((large connector with many wires)
4. Ground. Black/Green stripe ((large connector with many wires)

the wires are all located on the drives side, under the hood, near the hood hinge.. cant miss it..

Good Luck.

. Im happy with having these sensors, they work great.. $75 dollars at Amazon.com..

Attachments

• 51XWeParzcL-1._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51XWeParzcL-1._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 925
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 212
OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
few more picks...

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 181

Banned
Reaction score
great writeup, will help people wanting to do this very much, looks good man

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Nice addition to the site and just registered! I hope to see more from you like this ;)

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very well written YoMudderPutter. I'm sure our resident wiring aficionado Ironman is already drooling over this mod.

autowerks racing

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
if you look closely at the rear cover on my truck you will notice we drilled the bumper for a factory look. we do alot of these for dealerships....

Jamster187

Reaction score
Can you get the 2011s with parking sensors?

I Think you can but its either the back up camera or the parking sensors it cant be both. I mine has the back up camera and i asked why it did not have the parking sensors and thats what they told me at my local ford dealership.