The one and only radio thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My PD has scramblers and freq hoppers now to prevent listening but the rest shouldn't. Weird

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(incase anyone is having trouble you can not program a channel if it is transmitting, remove antenna)

If its transmitting it would be unwise to remove the antenna as it could burn up your finals. I hope you mean it was receiving a signal from something.

Its possible you have tone squelch enabled. Make sure you have it set to none unless you are getting interference from something else on the same frequency farther away. Then you will have to change the tone listed.

Marion County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its transmitting it would be unwise to remove the antenna as it could burn up your finals. I hope you mean it was receiving a signal from something.

Its possible you have tone squelch enabled. Make sure you have it set to none unless you are getting interference from something else on the same frequency farther away. Then you will have to change the tone listed.

Marion County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Your correct, that is what I meant. I have tried turning down squelch. Maybe I'm just to far away from anyone. Ill try driving into town.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a kit from Keith Mandoske as I have done several Raptor Runs with him and he uses radios alot at his job. His kit had everything and is Raptor specific.

He told me which antenna to buy, other than that you just need tools and the will to cut your truck.

I like the face plate in the ceiling and was okay with drilling my roof for an antennae because of doing Runs often, but if you are not comfortable with that he has other solutions that are easier to install (just not as elegant imho).

He is a Snoball lead so is in Michigan now, but PM him and he will set you up!

Last edited:

Rob in CA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a kit from Keith Mandoske as I have done several Raptor Runs with him and he uses radios alot at his job. His kit had everything and is Raptor specific.

He told me which antenna to buy, other than that you just need tools and the will to cut your truck.

I like the face plate in the ceiling and was okay with drilling my roof for an antennae because of doing Runs often, but if you are not comfortable with that he has other solutions that are easier to install (just not as elegant imho).

He is a Snoball lead so is in Michigan now, but PM him and he will set you up!

Thanks for the info! Sounds like he can make this a lot easier.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody using the TYT TH-9000D. I am looking to equip my Raptor with a VHF Radio and going through this thread is alot of helpful info. The first page lists the older TH-9000 but no mention of the TH-9000D. I have read some reviews that the TH-9000D is not very good and the older TH-9000 was flawless. I only see the TH-9000 available on Ebay via oversea sellers so im trying to avoid that. The TH-9000D is available all over.