New Upcoming Plug and Play Sub/Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I know I'm in the same boat as most of us here. The factory Sony system sucks and you want more. Here's my problem, I just paid $62000(CAD) for this thing and the last thing I want is to slice into the harness. There is a solution on the way.

Talked to my 2 buddies who are installers at a local shop. They went to SEMA this year and saw Kickers new setup. They have come out with a complete 2 stage plug and play sub/amp replacement. Stage 1 Sub and box replacement that bolts into the factory sub position and plugs into the factory harness. Stage 2 is taking out the factory Sony amp and installing Kicker's replacement. Now when I say replacement I mean just that, unplug the Sony and plug the kicker into the factory harness. Now neither of them are kicker guys and swear by JL but they said they were very impressed. System pounds all the way up and never backs out the bass like the factory system. The one friend just bought a 2012 f150 platinum and said he is ordering it when it comes out. So I'll have an update on how it sounds then.

I will know more info mid to late Jan for an ETA release of sometime in Feb. I'm sure a few of you guys who are into this stuff might know about this. O there is also a Stage 3 which just replaces ur component speakers.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its plug and play i dont think you will get very good sound. the oem power wire is too small to power a 500 watt amp. most likely kicker is rating in max power.... same as sony. besides kicker is not known for sound quality. however it might be a cheap upgrade for those that are looking for a slight increase in bass.

OP
OP
Sierra13

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its plug and play i dont think you will get very good sound. the oem power wire is too small to power a 500 watt amp. most likely kicker is rating in max power.... same as sony. besides kicker is not known for sound quality. however it might be a cheap upgrade for those that are looking for a slight increase in bass.

I agree with you busa just thought I'd let people know that there's something on the way. But there's no substitute for a complete system like u can do.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no way they can get 600 Watts from the stock harness. Remember the stock sub amp is only 70 watts, not 700. They advertise 700 because the entire system is that.

OP
OP
Sierra13

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys after some digging and going back to talk to them it would seem what was described to me was the kicker soundgate system. They currently make them for the lower end sound system but not the upgraded Sony systems. It consists of a bigger box 10" sub integrated 200w amp. Also there is an amp that powers the components as well. So I'm assuming what they are referring to as 500-600w is again total system power. You are required to run a power wire from the battery to the sub. Some other systems ie. GMC Sierra uses a square 10" that resembles an L3 but not the ford.

So there you go shame on me for listening to other people without first doing my own research. Now will they come out with one for the Sony I hope so but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited: