New system questions/advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bossnova3

Reaction score
I've been considering upgrading my sony system for a little bit now, I've read and search thru the forums and it seems that everybody is content with the Jo c5 570 combo for speakers so I'm probably going that route. My main question is I've read that a lot of people have done the JL cleensweep and summing device to integrate the OEM system but was wondering if the new audio control dq-61 module would work by itself or is the summing device still a necessity? Also looking for opinions on the massive brand I can get pretty good deals thru a friend so just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with their product (sub, amps, speakers, etc.....)

Thanks in advance

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have nav? certain year trucks dont have nav but still have the amplified system. regardless, most likely you will need the summing device.
as far as the massive brand, they are a decent company, nothing really in the higher en market. i have seen a bit of their stuff in spl competitions in the past. but for sound quality i dont think they would have anything. however anything you do in the truck will be an upgrade so if uou can get a deal on it, try it out. the worst is you take it out and replace it.

OP
OP
B

bossnova3

Reaction score
Yes I have the nav and the "upgraded" sony system looking to keep OEM hu but change all the speakers and OEM subs with two amps

OP
OP
B

bossnova3

Reaction score
Ok no problem so what would you recommend that it's not super crazy expensive and would work. Or if there's a processor that does everything in one unit better yet. Sorry for all the questions

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the jl cleansweep and summing device are the cheapest best option. then it would be a full sound processor after that. we use the mosconi 6to8 here and we have had huge success with it. the downfall is that it takes specific equipment to tune properly, whereas the clean sweep does auto calibration

OP
OP
B

bossnova3

Reaction score
With the cleansweep and summing device would I still need an equalizer or no? would the dq61 be needed? Or could I just do the summing with the dq61?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the audio control piece is a summing device and processor in one. you would use either the summing device and cleansweep or the dq61, not both

OP
OP
B

bossnova3

Reaction score
Ok so in your professional opinion is the dq61 good enough or would you do the sum and cleensweep

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the jl stuff works well because its auto calibrating. the audio control has more tuning adjustments. there has been an issue in the past where the audio control didnt play nice with the sync system. from what i heard they fixed it, but i have not put an audio control piece in since then.