New Screen For Nav?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Previous owner of my truck used the screen pretty good and it's not pretty. Not scratches, but just pure use of it. I'm hoping someone may know off hand if this piece can be replaced, it's been driving me nuts!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think Noah has said before that it's all one unit. There was a member a while back who lost his temper and punched the screen. Only solution, if I recall, was to replace the entire unit.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No that's wrong. I had my screen off today, while running wires (for my Doug's electric cut-out. thanks op). I would just remove it, clean it well, and apply a screen protector. I have had a screen protector on mine since it was just a couple of months old.

Last edited:
OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
No that's wrong. I had my screen off today, while running wires (for my Doug's electric cut-out. thanks op). I would just remove it, clean it well, and apply a screen protector. I have had a screen protector on mine since it was just a couple of months old.

Is it by chance replaceable? I don't think any cleaning mine will help, which sucks. :(

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the whole screen assembly has to be replaced you cant just replace the touchscreen itself, (without a ton of work) if thats what you are asking, but the unit is detachable from the rest of the system

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the plastic that's covering the actual screen replaceable? Like if you shatter your phone "screen" you can just replace the glass, not the touchscreen itself. (unless you really mess up your phine)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt there are parts for it. it is usually the whole assembly that gets replaced. i dont think ford techs will be replacing cracked or damaged screens anytime soon. the screen assembly is a replacement part, not the touch screen itself as a single piece

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Dang, well guess I get to deal with it! I'll have to snap some pictures, it appears pretty used which doesn't seem like it should be... Hell, maybe there's a screen protector on it from the original owner?