New Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my Raptor as my expedition/camping platform. I run my frig and a few other items off the Raptors battery 24/7 when i'm in the woods. I want to upgrade the battery like i did in my jeep when i had it. I was happy with the Die Hard Platinum but not sure what others have done here. What is the best deep cycle battery i can put in this truck?

Any info would be great.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I use my Raptor as my expedition/camping platform. I run my frig and a few other items off the Raptors battery 24/7 when i'm in the woods. I want to upgrade the battery like i did in my jeep when i had it. I was happy with the Die Hard Platinum but not sure what others have done here. What is the best deep cycle battery i can put in this truck?

Any info would be great.

The Die Hard Platinum is discontinued but a few stores may still have one. A very good deep cell for the Raptor is the Odyssey Extreme Series #65-PC1750T it is an AGM and has 950 CCA's and a very good warranty.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Any info would be great.
I upgraded to an Interstate AGM battery. The guy from my tire shop owns a Raptor and he ordered it for me, said it's the best battery out there. 220 bucks at his shop price!! but my truck sits for 3 weeks at a time so I need a powerful battery, the Motorcraft shit the bed after a few trips to sea. They're pricey but take a look, great for what you want to use it for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend running a dual battery setup.

A redarc smart charger setup in the engine bay and run heavy gauge cable & 100a circuit breaker to the tup to where you would mount something along the lines of an optima or very good Deep cycle AGM in a battery box. From there you can set up your aux power supply.
Having a second battery elimated any chance of getting stuck of you suck the battery dry and you also have a built in jump starter if you kill the main.

If you wanna know more I can help you out. Set up many aux power systems in trucks.

OP
OP
Rock-eater

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Die Hards left in my next of the woods checked both stores in town.
Called the Interstate shop in town wants 270$ for their AGM also called Odyssey their's is 250$. So go Odyssey right?