Need some help. Kenwood install in 11 nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inetjanitor

Reaction score
Those of you that have tossed that pos factory radio/nav and gone aftermarket. What install kit did you use to mount the new shiny? I got a Best Kits kit and it sucks. Won’t fit right within the factory dash panel. Did you have to remove any material from the dash? I’m all setup with everything working but I can’t reassemble the dash with its current fitment. Could use some guidance/advice. Thanks.

Paul

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These guys do good work and maybe they will share some helpful tips -

OP
OP
I

inetjanitor

Reaction score
These guys do good work and maybe they will share some helpful tips -

I like these guys, but it’s not quite the same dance. They get to replace the dash bezel. I do not. My climate controls are not knobs, but buttons. And the aftermarket bezel will not fit the 11-12 trucks. Harness is even very different so I can’t go get a 13+ set of hvac controls even if I wanted to.

I called Metra tech and was told straight up, there was not enough of the trucks made, so they never made a kit. The factory sync screen is pretty thin with the radio underneath so they mounted it pretty high. That opening in the factory dash bezel is what is giving me grief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ol'cank

Reaction score
I'm doing this right now. I've gotten some pointers from others. Ill be trying the install again this weekend and when I'm done, I'll post everything I can about it in my thread.

I did order the scosche dash kit for the brackets. Someone else used a bestkit but I couldnt find the same kit unfortunately. Hopefully the scosche will work out.
I like these guys, but it’s not quite the same dance. They get to replace the dash bezel. I do not. My climate controls are not knobs, but buttons. And the aftermarket bezel will not fit the 11-12 trucks. Harness is even very different so I can’t go get a 13+ set of hvac controls even if I wanted to.

I called Metra tech and was told straight up, there was not enough of the trucks made, so they never made a kit. The factory sync screen is pretty thin with the radio underneath so they mounted it pretty high. That opening in the factory dash bezel is what is giving me grief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk