Nav-tv vs Coastal Tech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so my next mod will most likely be a lock pick. I love the MFT and would love to use all of its options all the time. I have seen two that look like they would work. Is there a difference between the Nav-tv and the coastal tech one, other than price?

Here is the link for the coastal one:

MYTOUCH LOCKPICK

I mostly want the lock pick for the front camera whenever I want and being able to put destinations in while moving, and being able to use the phone more while driving. I don't know if I would ever use it to watch movies but I might.

Thanks,
Marc

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If only the Nav-TV was a plug and play and didn't involve hacking and splicing wires...I don't want to run into warranty issues down the road if my MFT decides to go kaput.

OP
OP
Shortbusdriver

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says on the link that it is supposed to allow use of the front camera when you are parking.

Does it not work with the stock one and you need an aftermarket one?

I have the front camera and it sounds like it should work but if it doesn't then the coastal tech one is not worth it to me.

The coastal tech one is supposed to be plug and play, it includes a harness so that would defently be nicer than having to splice in the Nav tv.

Thanks again for the help

Marc

OP
OP
Shortbusdriver

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok wow, thanks for the info! I didn't know that that pretty much rules that out then.

I guess I will be getting the Nav-TV sometime soon then.

Thanks Busa!

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not true. I have the lock pick, and use the front camera all the time with it.

My OLD lock pick only worked with a 3rd party alt camera i had mounted on the license plate bracket facing forward.

The new lock pick works with factory ford cameras, and if you don't have them, you can get them with the rest of the package.