NAV TV VIM Setup Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btkeenan

Reaction score
Hey just checking if anyone else has encountered difficulty with the NAV TV VIM setup for a 2013 Raptor. I got the unit all situated and double tapping the rear defroster for the rear camera works fine but I can't seem to get the front camera to show. I ran 2 18 gauge wires (black for green wire/camera and white for orange wire/bcm) through the firewall per the instructions and spliced the grey/violet wire in the engine compartment that is the front camera.

I connected the black(camera) wire to the wire headed to the camera and the white(bcm) to the wire headed down into the harness. When turning the key to test this setup, I hear a spark of sorts (sounds more like a short tbh but no popped fuses or smoke) however the camera does not engage through the truck apps and switches from enables to disabled within a few seconds.

To troubleshoot, I disconnected everything and go through the truck apps and enable the front camera, it defaults to the rear camera.
When I switch the wires and try to enable the front cam, it does nothing and deactivates the camera within a few seconds. It is rather weird.

If anyone can shed some light on this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Side note, I did not hook up the extra 5 cables that ran from the VIM unit to crimp able pieces for lack of direction to know where to run them.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey just checking if anyone else has encountered difficulty with the NAV TV VIM setup for a 2013 Raptor. I got the unit all situated and double tapping the rear defroster for the rear camera works fine but I can't seem to get the front camera to show. I ran 2 18 gauge wires (black for green wire/camera and white for orange wire/bcm) through the firewall per the instructions and spliced the grey/violet wire in the engine compartment that is the front camera.

I connected the black(camera) wire to the wire headed to the camera and the white(bcm) to the wire headed down into the harness. When turning the key to test this setup, I hear a spark of sorts (sounds more like a short tbh but no popped fuses or smoke) however the camera does not engage through the truck apps and switches from enables to disabled within a few seconds.

To troubleshoot, I disconnected everything and go through the truck apps and enable the front camera, it defaults to the rear camera.
When I switch the wires and try to enable the front cam, it does nothing and deactivates the camera within a few seconds. It is rather weird.

If anyone can shed some light on this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Side note, I did not hook up the extra 5 cables that ran from the VIM unit to crimp able pieces for lack of direction to know where to run them.
holy crap, im late for this one. you have the wrong wire. being that its been 4 months, im guessing you have already fixed the issue. you need to use the blue wire and orange wire. one is labeled bcm other is labeled camera

OP
OP
btkeenan

btkeenan

Reaction score
holy crap, im late for this one. you have the wrong wire. being that its been 4 months, im guessing you have already fixed the issue. you need to use the blue wire and orange wire. one is labeled bcm other is labeled camera

Thanks for the reply. The orange wire was in fact labeled camera but the green wire for me was labeled BCM. Maybe I will try the blue instead as they may have mislabeled them. I actually just opted to uninstall the unit so now its sitting in a box. Forgoing the front camera mishap, the navigation no longer worked as it would only reset the current GPS location when restarting the truck. Also the rear defroster no longer worked which was annoying. Is this a defective product or am I just doing something wrong?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
using the wrong wires would have caused all sorts of problems. cant say for sure what kind of problems, but definitely could be what you are talking about

OP
OP
btkeenan

btkeenan

Reaction score
Wrong wires as in BCM and camera or wrong wires as in wrong wire gauge?

baby-korea

Reaction score
Wrong wires as in BCM and camera or wrong wires as in wrong wire gauge?
5aaf11f602f1181d8eb2028d55186cc2.jpg

Wire gauge is fine. But looks wrong wire connected. Not green, camera side is blue, pin #6. Check the pin number acccording to the picture I attached.

And mine works fine but I have U0422 error code after installed without engine light. Just error code. Now I am solving the problem with nav tv tech.

Hope you solve the problem.

HYUN MIN PARK
[ B A B Y ] S. KOREA
2014 FORD RAPTOR S.E.

Last edited:
OP
OP
btkeenan

btkeenan

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. Will try it when it stops raining.

5aaf11f602f1181d8eb2028d55186cc2.jpg

Wire gauge is fine. But looks wrong wire connected. Not green, camera side is blue, pin #6. Check the pin number acccording to the picture I attached.

And mine works fine but I have U0422 error code after installed without engine light. Just error code. Now I am solving the problem with nav tc tech.

Hope you solve the problem.

HYUN MIN PARK
[ B A B Y ] S. KOREA
2014 FORD RAPTOR S.E.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have had a couple units with wires in the wrong location and a couple that were affected by extreme cold weather, it took a while to figure out, but out of the thousands of units i went through, most seemed to work fine

baby-korea

Reaction score
i have had a couple units with wires in the wrong location and a couple that were affected by extreme cold weather, it took a while to figure out, but out of the thousands of units i went through, most seemed to work fine
Does anyone have U0422 error code with the unit??

Mine works fine, but makes U0422 error code.

HYUN MIN PARK
[ B A B Y ] S. KOREA
2014 FORD RAPTOR S.E.