Nav System Install Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F150SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Raptor off a dealers lot and it did not have the nav system. I believe I want this feature, but am not sure what I would be getting into.

Has anyone installed the nav system?

Is it possible to install the nav system without changing the wiring harness?

Would anything need to be reprogrammed?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*bump* for F150SVT.

I got mine with Nav, and I'm about as skilled at vehicular wiring as I am at walking on water, so I can't be of much assistance... but I know somebody on here has some info or help they can share with you.

C'mon guys, help him out.... I know at least one of you maniacs around here must have something to say...

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Raptor off a dealers lot and it did not have the nav system. I believe I want this feature, but am not sure what I would be getting into.

Has anyone installed the nav system?

Is it possible to install the nav system without changing the wiring harness?

Would anything need to be reprogrammed?

====================
Sorry just saw this post/question.
Yes it can be done, but you may not want to try it yourself.
Your local Ford dealer can do it. It requires reprogramming, and they will need your VIN# before they order a Nav unit in. I was quoted about $3200 to have it done. Factory ordered, it's $2495.00
It's not a direct swap in, plug and play.

Randy
my cell 406 544-6891

IRONMAN

Reaction score
There was a guy on another site who had this done and he had to get the VIN off of another truck with the NAV installed in order to program it because his would not recognize it.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
My Raptor came with the premium 6CD sound system but the dealer agreed to swap it out for the NAV so I could make better use of the backup cam. 7 weeks later it arrived at the dealer, and it took them 2 days to install it. The sales guy said they blew something, and that the antennae wasnt working etc., but I took it for the weekend while they ordered a second NAV.
The NAV system functions well, even with it's limited canadian content. But the first time the phone rang - the tweeters almost jumped out of thier mounts. Unlike the other radio, where the phone volume would stay right where you left it on the last call, the NAV I got resets the volume to (as Nigel from Spinal Tap would say) 11.
Also, the phone audio is only projected through the tweeters and front center speaker - nothing in the back or side doors. This gives an annoying feedback to callers on about 90% of the calls I've had.

Ford dropped the new NAV in, with no different results.

Worst part - I was told they tried for hours and there is no way to hook up the backup camera to the NAV, because I have the rear-view mirror screen. Even when I told them to yank the mirror off the windshield (dont use it anyway) they said it absolutely can't be done.

I will try and find out more info from people in the auto electronic industry as I don't really agree with Ford's statement - there's gotta be an adapter out there...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JP7, that doesn't sound right at all. My phone calls don't have those sound issues you're describing. Sorry to hear about your issues, I hope they get it straightened out. Keep us posted.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Will do Bo.
Tweeters puked out onto the dashboard today, so its time to schedule another run at the dealer. Too bad this dealer is the only one in the province (state) that deals with Raptors... but my issues arent really specific to the truck - just the wiring of things.

bronco88

Reaction score
you need a vin # from a raptor that came with the nav and backup cam, and that will have the correct settings or whatever to make the backup cam work in the nav once it is loaded in your rap, someone else did on another forum so not 100% sure