Nav Screen Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas39

Reaction score
I have a 2012, and was wondering if it is possible to upgrade or modify to the 2013+ Nav screen and or AC cluster.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Texas39,
Yes it can be done...anything is possible. However it will require MAJOR work and time. Noah will probably chime in, but you're talking thousands in parts and labor as the computer in the 13+ is different than the 10-12.
Salvaging a computer center stack from an appropriate 13+ F150 or Raptor in a wrecking yard would be the first step. Modifying harnesses, creating new wiring; I'm breaking into a cold sweat just thinking about it...

Eddie

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012, and was wondering if it is possible to upgrade or modify to the 2013+ Nav screen and or AC cluster.

Heck, just go install the Kenwood DX892 with Maestro like I did. Way better than stock, gives you full OBD and TPMS per tire, and relations all stock controls with climate onscreen.

I have a post in here somewhere about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texas39,
Yes it can be done...anything is possible. However it will require MAJOR work and time. Noah will probably chime in, but you're talking thousands in parts and labor as the computer in the 13+ is different than the 10-12.
Salvaging a computer center stack from an appropriate 13+ F150 or Raptor in a wrecking yard would be the first step. Modifying harnesses, creating new wiring; I'm breaking into a cold sweat just thinking about it...

Eddie
correct. not to mention the codes that would need to be programmed, that no dealer has access to. only the manufacturing plant has that access. also going from the 24 pin ford radio wiring harness to the 54 pin wire harness, means getting a new vehicle harness altogether.

OP
OP
T

Texas39

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the information. That Kenwood unit may be the way to go. I didn't really want to trade the truck in. It's a possibility, but I have done some small mods and have a little time and effort in this one. It's tux black and i've had the fenders and bumpers painted to match, powder coated the wheels and replaced the headlights with a set of factory projectors. I wasn't really looking for black, this one came available and was clean.