MyFord Touch/SYNC/Applink, V2, V3, huh??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who finds Ford's messaging around their infotainment system to be COMPLETELY CONFUSING?

I have a 2013 with "MyFord Touch powered by SYNC."

Even though the build number for this system is 3.8, I think I've ascertained that I actually have SYNC2 and that SYNC3 (powered by Blackberrys QNX OS, not MS Windows) is only available on Ford 2016+ models.

OK, so far so good after reading and re-reading Marketing pages about 1,000 times - I think I know which system I have, now.

Last week I (finally) jumped on the Spotify bandwagon... yes, I know, I'm very late to the party. Anyway, it works great with my iPhone 6 *except* for when Bluetooth reconnects: instead of remembering that I was listening to Spotify, it starts playing my Apple Music app. Annoying. And "eyes free" Siri, or whatever, won't start Spotify for me. "Sorry, Don, I can't do that while you're in the car."

Now I'm reading about "Applink," which I think we have? (Again, clear as mud on syncmyride.com). Does it only work when connected via USB? If so, boo! Who wants to take their phone out of their pocket and plug it in every time they get in the truck?

Minor 1st world problems to be sure, but annoying nonetheless.

Appreciate any workarounds. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi dfelicia,

You have MyFord Touch (MFT), which some folks refer to as SYNC 2. AppLink is not available on MFT; however, you should be able to start Spotify on your phone and listen to it via MFT. It also sounds like you have iOS 9.2 installed on your phone. We are aware of the Siri issue you stated above, and we're working with Apple for a quick resolution. For now, please connect your phone to the USB port and then summon Siri.

There's also a ton of great How-Tos for MFT here:

MyFord Touch Topics, Get Started With SYNC Technology Overview | SYNC Help |Official Ford Owner Site

Holler if you have any questions!

Rebecca

OP
OP
D

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Rebecca. So it sounds like the fix I need is in the works.