My Ford Touch Update to v.3.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Updated:

I just tried to download the Sync software upgrade to 3.6 this morning. (for my daughters 2013 Escape)

Helpful note:
(make sure you have Java installed correctly on your PC with all six browser plug-ins installed and enabled!!!! (and run the remove old versions tool from Oracle!!!)

Should look like this when you select show all add-ons
Sync 4.jpg

I called Ford this morning and was told the Download for the USB thumb drive won't be available till the MIDDLE of August.

On a side note:

The dealer did not upgrade the Sync software from 3.0.5 to 3.5.1 like they told me!!!
F_ _ _ _ _ _ Idiots,
they probable just did a Master reset without using new software.

So the problems my daughter was having was because the Map A4 SD Card is only compatible with 3.5.1 Sync.

But we'll see if this fixes anything for now.

It's going to be about three weeks till 3.6 rolls out for everyone.

Last edited:

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, when doing the upgrade make sure you have enough gas to idle for an hour. Also, please move the vehicle out of any garage. I did the update for the 3.5 version on the wife's explorer and it took 50 minutes. It required the car to be running.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

Did my daughter's Escape this Sunday afternoon takes about 30 mins.
There are several reboots and files being installed to MFT system.
This is a Big Service Pack install.

Tip:

From reading around the Web it is best to do a MASTER RESET before doing any update.
And don't forget to remove the pairing on the or any mobile phone for Sync before starting!!!
This will help ensure that the Phone Book and Contacts is properly reinstalled.

Helpful note:
(make sure you have Java installed correctly on your PC with all six browser plug-ins installed and enabled!!!! and run the remove old versions tool from Oracle!!!)

Sync 3.6.2.jpg

Has anyone been able to get theirs for the Raptor?

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting. I called my local Ford Service Department and they didnt have a clue. Said that 3.5 was the latest.

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll wait a couple months and see how the update goes. Anything Microsoft is a little shakey on upgrades. I'll throw Apple in there too