MP3 player always indexing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WeaponX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every so often when I start up my truck it has to index the device. It has done this on both of my trucks. Anyway to get it to stop doing this?

D

Deleted member 12951

Never had that happen. Not on my 11 F-150 nor the 14 Raptor even though different systems. What's plugged in, just a USB thumb drive?

OP
OP
WeaponX

WeaponX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
64GB Zune mp3 player.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Also I leave it plugged in and it doesn't leave the truck.

D

Deleted member 12951

Zune is most likely the issue. Even though they are both Microsoft, doesn't mean they work flawless together. All Microsoft did is provide Ford the platform to build upon. It was Ford programmers that did it poorly.

A 64gb flash drive is around $20 now days. Get a name brand one off Amazon and transfer your music to that and leave it in. You will have a LOT better luck with that setup and just pick your music from the truck, or try the talking to it to play what you want.