MiloX's 2012 Raptor SQ Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang. Sorry to revive this old thread, but I had some great news to share. I am going to create a new thread to discuss it, but I FINALLY solved the problem of getting a perfectly CLEAN signal out of the Sony radio. The Sony Amp does all kinds of manipulation to the signal to protect the speakers. Not only is there EQing for "sound quality" the EQ also attenuates the lower frequencies as you increase volume. It's just a mess. And it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a non-manipulated signal out of the Sony Amp. JL can't do it. Rockford can't do it. Audison can't do it.

AAMP of America has solved this problem. Instead of getting the signal from the Amp, they moved up the signal chain. AAMP have been developing and AMPPRO module for our trucks. Jeff Smith at AAMP sent me a unit to test. This thing is AMAZING. So simple to connect and the signal is perfectly flat.

The primary difference between this unit and the others on the market, like the JL products, is that this unit sits between the deck and the factory amp. It uses a T-Harness that plugs into the deck and then the OEM harness plugs into the AMPPRO harness. You plug your RCA's or Optical cable into the AMPPRO box and THAT's IT. There's no calibration software, no need to tune anything. Totally plug and play.

You retain ALL of your OEM features, steering wheel controls, bluetooth, etc. I am currently running optical only from the AMPPro to the Rockford DSP. I am now seeing 8v unclipped at full volume at all frequencies.

The truck sounds AMAZING.

Here's a quick video showing that the only signal cable I have plugged in is the Toslink cable. No RCAs. I didn't have the AMPPRO module permanently mounted behind the glove box at the time of the video either. I shot the vid to send to Jeff to let him know how it was working.

Anyway, sorry for the essay. Like I mentioned, I will be doing a full write up separately. But wanted to get this out ASAP because I thought you guys would appreciate this.

Here's a link to the unit:
https://pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/ap4-fd21

Last edited:

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang. Sorry to revive this old thread, but I had some great news to share. I am going to create a new thread to discuss it, but I FINALLY solved the problem of getting a perfectly CLEAN signal out of the Sony radio. The Sony Amp does all kinds of manipulation to the signal to protect the speakers. Not only is there EQing for "sound quality" the EQ also attenuates the lower frequencies as you increase volume. It's just a mess. And it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a non-manipulated signal out of the Sony Amp. JL can't do it. Rockford can't do it. Audison can't do it.

AAMP of America has solved this problem. Instead of getting the signal from the Amp, they moved up the signal chain. AAMP have been developing and AMPPRO module for our trucks. Jeff Smith at AAMP sent me a unit to test. This thing is AMAZING. So simple to connect and the signal is perfectly flat.

The primary difference between this unit and the others on the market, like the JL products, is that this unit sits between the deck and the factory amp. It uses a T-Harness that plugs into the deck and then the OEM harness plugs into the AMPPRO harness. You plug your RCA's or Optical cable into the AMPPRO box and THAT's IT. There's no calibration software, no need to tune anything. Totally plug and play.

You retain ALL of your OEM features, steering wheel controls, bluetooth, etc. I am currently running optical only from the AMPPro to the Rockford DSP. I am now seeing 8v unclipped at full volume at all frequencies.

The truck sounds AMAZING.

Here's a quick video showing that the only signal cable I have plugged in is the Toslink cable. No RCAs. I didn't have the AMPPRO module permanently mounted behind the glove box at the time of the video either. I shot the vid to send to Jeff to let him know how it was working.

Anyway, sorry for the essay. Like I mentioned, I will be doing a full write up separately. But wanted to get this out ASAP because I thought you guys would appreciate this.

Here's a link to the unit:
https://pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/ap4-fd21

Will this work on a 2010?

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this work on a 2010?

Floyd - I'll check with Jeff. I know that the version they sell is listed as compatible with the 2013-2017. But my truck is a 2012. Soo..

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Floyd - Is it a sony amplified system?

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from Jeff at AAMP. The AMPPRO will indeed work for MY 2010. You will need to put a resistor across one of the outputs from the Sony amp. Apparently it needs to see a load.

But yes it will work!!!