MiloX's 2012 Raptor SQ Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what the hell? hurry up already.... jeez.

you might want to think about sound deadening in there while it is apart. it definitely helps

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wing it...... thats what i do........

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

on a more serious note, a member had an issue with the rockford processor in these trucks. i dont remember what it was, but he ended up using something else inline with the rockford piece

Thanks for the heads up. I read that thread. They had to use a JL LLC to show a load to the factory system I think.

I think they were using an audio control piece though. We'll see if I need to do the same for the RF piece.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

what the hell? hurry up already.... jeez.

you might want to think about sound deadening in there while it is apart. it definitely helps

Yup. I'll be deadening the crap out of it. Just test fitting things right now.

I can tell ya. This will be a slow build. With 3 kids and a job, it will take a while.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was a different member. i dont think there was a thread posted about it. i got a call from the member who was using the 360.3 and there were some issues. but he was able to finally figure it out. if the problem occurs with your setup, i will try to contact him to see what his final fix was for it

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OoH. Definitely watching this. I've got a couple of DC amps waiting to go in my truck too. I have a 360.4 and 650.6 DC Ref. Hybrid Audio L6's and L1 Pro RR's for the front and Stereo Integrity BM MKIII 12" shallow sub. Looking to see how you integrate the RF 3sixty.3 and what issues, if any, you have with it. I might do the JL Cleansweep for the summing and EQ leveling.
Are your amps the DC Reference with the built-in EQ? If not, are you only using the 3Sixty.3 for tuning?

Looks great so far. Makes me want to get my butt in gear.

Fred

Thanks Fred!

Currently the plan is just to use the DC's for amplification only. the 360 has more than enough processing capabilities to handle the job.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harblar was the one who installed the RF 360.3 already. He was on DIYMA posting about it. Not sure if he posted it up here as well.

Milo, glad to hear the 360.3 has good processing available.

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick Thursday update for everyone. The rest of the front stage is here! Made a short little video...

Let me know if you like the videos and I will keep doing them throughout the build.

Big weekend ahead. Will be trucking down to ATL to see Jeff Smith to pick up the rest of the gear to finish the sub box build.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

OK... clearly I don't get how to embed vids in posts. Oh well... I guess you can watch it twice!!!

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol... Too much Mickey Mouse clubhouse around these parts I guess.

Right now I am thinking about the big-ass sail panels, but need to do some testing first. Measured off-axis FR looks pretty ehhh... However, real-world listening is where the proof lies.

We'll see. These are truly amazing little drivers.

I auditioned them a few weeks ago and I was just blown away by their tonality and composure. Surprisingly natural in the upper freqs.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
they wont fit there i dont think. unless you want to lose the defrost to your front windows

and yeah, my kids watched mickey mouse clubhouse when they were smaller too.