Lowrance question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Bass Pro Shop has a Lowrance Elite 7 Hybrid Dual Imaging Fishfinder/Chartplotter combo for $449.00. Will this thing work for trails and raptor runs or am I better off just getting the chartplotter by itself? I don't plan on driving the Raptor into the lake to do any fishing either.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So Bass Pro Shop has a Lowrance Elite 7 Hybrid Dual Imaging Fishfinder/Chartplotter combo for $449.00. Will this thing work for trails and raptor runs or am I better off just getting the chartplotter by itself? I don't plan on driving the Raptor into the lake to do any fishing either.

You never know when you may need a fish finder.

Combo units work fine. I have the HDS7 Gen II Touch and the deal I got came with the fish finder transom unit. You do not have to connect it.

I figured when @Rookie gets a lowrance I would send him my fish finder for his as he is more likely to get use out of it over all other raptors...:crazy:

Very considerate of you. Thanks! Lol

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep I went with the Point1 GPS antenna and starter kit (AKA the Point1 Baja kit)
Made the unit much more responsive and never drops signal. Did not even mount it on the roof. used a ram mount and have it in front window for now, its that the lowrance dash mounts have the unit to far in the cab for clear signal, but the point1 at the front of the dash worked great

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monster44

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I went with the Point1 GPS antenna and starter kit (AKA the Point1 Baja kit)
Made the unit much more responsive and never drops signal. Did not even mount it on the roof. used a ram mount and have it in front window for now, its that the lowrance dash mounts have the unit to far in the cab for clear signal, but the point1 at the bash of the cask worked great

Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Made the unit much more responsive and never drops signal. Did not even mount it on the roof. used a ram mount and have it in front window for now, its that the lowrance dash mounts have the unit to far in the cab for clear signal, but the point1 at the bash of the cask worked great

Thanks for the info!