Lowrance models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raulsterXDozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the 5m elite being outdated, but for $300 on amazon, it does everything i need it to.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I ordered a Elite-5 HD from Amazon for $343. The seller gave me a Elite-5 HDI which I complained about the switch (Amazon doesn't allow that and the seller had the same model for $299!) so he took $80 off the price. The HDI turns out to be better model.

The Elite-5 series came out in 2013 so they are not outdated.

I picked up Topo Insight PRO West v14 and up to four units can have access to these maps. If you pick up the HDI I can give you a copy of it (normally it runs $99).

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a Elite-5 HD from Amazon for $343. The seller gave me a Elite-5 HDI which I complained about the switch (Amazon doesn't allow that and the seller had the same model for $299!) so he took $80 off the price. The HDI turns out to be better model.

The Elite-5 series came out in 2013 so they are not outdated.

I picked up Topo Insight PRO West v14 and up to four units can have access to these maps. If you pick up the HDI I can give you a copy of it (normally it runs $99).

How are the Insight maps vs MFT nav?

OP
OP
raulsterXDozer

raulsterXDozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll be going with the smaller 5 series HDI on Amazon so I can take Trick up on his offer lol. There's an option with no transducer, I'm pretty sure that measures depth (boat needs) so I would not need that correct?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct all you need is the chartplotter. I got the transducer version of mine cheaper than the one with out it. Same unit, just left the transducer in the box.. lol

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll be going with the smaller 5 series HDI on Amazon so I can take Trick up on his offer lol. There's an option with no transducer, I'm pretty sure that measures depth (boat needs) so I would not need that correct?

Be sure to roll up the windows before you go fishing with your Raptor.