Lowrance Elite-7m installed with DIY mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmitty

Reaction score
I know how you guys like pictures and thought I would try posting my first pic. I just made a GPS mount and am pretty happy with how it came out but have yet to try it off road. I designed it to be fully removable and leave no trace when it's out. Was wondering if any of you had problems mounting your Lowrance like this?a8d6f00e40aac9174373feb59081e921.jpg7ca8e1bf12881e4c4f66055d2ad4ed76.jpgf125431a4612a2d467bc6478a8ff6ef8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question and two part. Where did you order the lowrance and could one use this as a daily driver as well as off-road use?

OP
OP
schmitty

schmitty

Reaction score
I got it from Rugged Radios. I don't think it would be good as a daily driver GPS (it has all the roads/streets) but I don't think it has an address data base or anything. These types of GPSs are mainly for marine use with the sonar and for chart plotting, but work great for off road (without the sonar) because we can record and share routes. .

mike.s

Reaction score
I got it from Rugged Radios. I don't think it would be good as a daily driver GPS (it has all the roads/streets) but I don't think it has an address data base or anything. These types of GPSs are mainly for marine use with the sonar and for chart plotting, but work great for off road (without the sonar) because we can record and share routes. .

Is that just mounted to the plastic? Why not use the two bolts closer to the windshield?

OP
OP
schmitty

schmitty

Reaction score
That's a good question. I started off on that track, using those bolts in addition to the others, but they just go into plastic that is part of the dash. If they break, the dash is broke. If the plastic tray breaks, I just get a new one and maybe beef it up more the second time.