Lots gas stations on sync - wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More of a bitch session than anything. But it seems like only lately I'm seeing all the damned gas stations symbols on my GPS . In Phoenix Az, in town,theres a gas station on almost every major Street corner, so all I see is damned Texaco, Shell, ARCO, etc. symbols clogging up the display. I know my truck loves gas, but WTF??? Is it just me that's annoyed by this?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then one day after you turned it off, you will be on E and be like, "How the heck do I turn this back on?"

Once you hit E, they appear automatically. They should disappear once you fill up. Unless, of course, you have them on in the POI settings.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

FYI: POI = Points Of Interest.

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn them off, in the POI Icons setting I believe.

Thanks, Ill check that out. I didnt turn them on that I know of, but the wife was playing around with the GPS on our last road trip, go figure.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Ill check that out. I didnt turn them on that I know of, but the wife was playing around with the GPS on our last road trip, go figure.

Open the NAV and tap the screen, if you see the following POI tab with a gas pump, like in the following pic, then yes the gas station POI was set. Just tap that tab and it will allow you to clear all POI icons.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 108

TexasBlues

Reaction score
if its true, the fact that it comes on when you get low is very cool!

I'm still learning mine... I never had one before other than the garmin I use for hiking... no fuel stops on that one

thanks!

TB

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you hit E, they appear automatically. They should disappear once you fill up. Unless, of course, you have them on in the POI settings.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

FYI: POI = Points Of Interest.

Follow up, all the Icons were gone after a fill up. After a weekend road trip, I got it down to 35 miles to E to see if they come up automatically and the Icons didnt appear. I was below that on the initial post. SO it is pretty cool that they do come up when you get really low on fuel.